MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would anyone know were I can find oem Mini parts less than the dealer price?? (am in London)

I am after an expansion tank, tube and cap.

Dealers want £66.90 inc vat for not alot!

Ideas?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Derek Woodmans in Blackpool, they will do phone orders and offer MINI2 users 10% discount, details in the sponsors directory;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just gave them a call, very very helpful, ordered parts & even with extra for delivery it still works cheaper than getting them from my local dealer!!!
Cheers dude!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
No problem, you'll even find them worth while in future if you need to have any big jobs done or even want to buy a MINI, I travel up from near Swindon;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is a fair old drive up there from London... Just wished I had ordered my windscreen wipers from them as I replaced all three yesterday and bought them from my local dealer!!
Asked them for 10% off and they looked at me as if I was mental !

We should start a dealer ranking system on the site so the friendly dealers get all the business and the others have to make MUCH MORE of an effort and not take the punter for a ride!

Porsche offer owners of older cars discounted parts & servicing so to make sure that parts used are OEM and to keep in contact with customers...

Why not MINI ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
the irony is BMW OEM is usually cheaper than 3rd parties for parts when we have sourced stock parts for customers (my trade discount usually helps but normally they are cheaper too)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well it is a fair old drive up there from London... Just wished I had ordered my windscreen wipers from them as I replaced all three yesterday and bought them from my local dealer!!
Asked them for 10% off and they looked at me as if I was mental !

We should start a dealer ranking system on the site so the friendly dealers get all the business and the others have to make MUCH MORE of an effort and not take the punter for a ride!

Porsche offer owners of older cars discounted parts & servicing so to make sure that parts used are OEM and to keep in contact with customers...

Why not MINI ?
My local dealers offer lower servicing rates for older cars, it's either 3 or 4 years old, the hourly rate drops. I think this is fairly common practice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts