MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gone out to my mini and seen that some one W*@KER had nick me mini badge's from the front and back of my car. On jumping in my car to take my girlfirend home and driving down my road and seen the kid looking right at my car. I know it was the just by the way they acting. Just wont to get out and knock some SIHT in to them.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
So sorry to see that. I would have felt gutted..

Tigger.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Horgy said:
Those links may well be your badges :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when my mum's car stereo got nicked from a car park up north. Someone said quick as a flash "there's a guy in that pub who sells them for cash".... hmm

Sorry to hear about it though. I hope there is no damage to the bodywork. I would be tempted to pull up to the kid next time you see him and let him know that if the replacements go anywhere you might not be so friendly. This is the second bit of mini vandalism I have read about on here today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that for the link. Am as sick as a dog

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry that was thanks for the link

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
That's awful :( I'd be gutted if I found my MINI like that :(
Hope you get it put right soon, and those idiots get whats coming to em :mad:

Veronica

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Can you call the police and say you saw them pucking it off your MINI... if the police find the badge on them then they're in trouble but if they dont find it... what can the police say to you? Maybe those *&^%# just threw it out somewhere to get rid of the evidence...

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
I had some punks do that to my MINI two weeks ago! I was fried!!! I feel your pain big time. The good news is there easy to replace and are cheap. Since my incident, I no longer go back to the theater where they were stolen and now every time I see someone near my car I get paranoid and watch then close and get ready to pounce on them if they so lay a finger on the car. Good luck and if you do find the punks and kick the crap out of them give them an extra for every MINI owner who has had to deal with this.
Tavis1 :red:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man, I hate to hear stories like that. Makes my skin crawl. Really sorry to hear the news and hope your replacements go on easily. From the pic it looks like the paint got pretty marred up when the [email protected]$$ pried it off. Were you able to buff that out??

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
2phun said:
Man, I hate to hear stories like that. Makes my skin crawl. Really sorry to hear the news and hope your replacements go on easily. From the pic it looks like the paint got pretty marred up when the [email protected]$$ pried it off. Were you able to buff that out??
Most of that is the sticky tape they use. When mine got stolen at first it look worse than it was. After I cleaned it up it didn't look that bad. The damage I got was a scratch from the screw driver and where the badge pivoted left a small ding in the paint. It is all covered up with the new badge though. Here is a pic after I cleaned it up.
Tavis1 :red:

Attachments

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
F' that dude!!! I would have made a sharp turn, jumped out, and gave those b#stards the chase of their lives. Sorry, but destruction of personal property is destruction of personal property. If some a'hole was busting out your house windows, would you just watch them?! Hell no. Same with the auto. Especially the MINI. Nobody touches Bootsie. :mad:

And what the hell is it in the UK with this *****?! This is so 1970's in the U.S., knicking badges. Then again, most UK motorists don't pack heat, so I guess whoever runs the fastest gets away with the most.

Good luck anyway in getting that fixed and busting up those wonks... :bad:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Know how you feel chop thier hands IMHO.

I used to have a Glof GTI in th Beasty Boy era...............for those who don't know the band used to wear VW badges as necklaces on stage Very Wicked. At that time you could go into the VW garage and get free replacement badges if yours had been stolen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
badge bandits

The problem is i think with the sticky used it is to sticky if it was less sticky then yes it would make it easy to nick but then you would not have to have body shop say they will have to spray all of boot. That is what i was told , so i purchased touch up stick and did diy job you can see small scratch at top but hey car still drives ok.Thats the main reason for haveing a MINI the driveing I went on a twisty road and got out all my anger of badge theft on the tarmac and tyres felt much better.The badges on e bay i would email ebay on used ones saying you have had theft of goods.One last rant BMW need to do a cheeper replacement service as you are upholding there brand name and they do not want to see cars with missing badges.

Lets all Email [email protected]

·
Now With More Cowbell
1,687 Posts
My sympathies. I started a new job this past summer and within three weeks of starting there I'd had my valve caps nicked twice, my side S badge once, and my rear S on another occasion. They also tried to get their mucky paws on the rear MINI winged badge too; though they were either foiled in the process or saw someone approaching. They did leave fingerprints around the badge though. It was probably young fools on summer vacation at the time, because nothing has happened in the last couple of months, touch wood.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts