MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
They look like KHAN alloys :confused: :confused:
I wonder if its the same car that had the same alloys & was lowered 30mm :confused: :confused: :) :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, you are one sick dude!
you weren't hurt, I trust.

Some questions for you (purely out of interest)...
What speed did you hit the barrier at, and at what sort of angle?... Or did you just brush into it?
Did the passenger and driver's doors get jammed, or were you able to step out?
I notice the passenger door looks a little bent, though the glass has remained intact - which goes to show how nicely rigid the shell is.
Did the hazards come on automatically?

Nice to see that the bonnet didn't fly up in the air... I remember being on the M25 when a near complete Renault 19 bumper came hurtling through the air towards me on the opp. carriageway :) (Remember the early R19 had front strut problems).

Did the wheels stay on, stay attached, or come right off?

Did it feel like it was going to roll?

Did you have window bags fitted?

Were you wearing glasses? I'm a little concerned at wearing fragments of plastic lens if I get caught out.... and whether it's time to invest in contact lenses instead.

Thanks for the airbag shots - Was a bit concerned the large plastic bit in the centre of the steering wheel would be imprinted in my forehead if I banged into something, leaving a nice "designer" MINI tattoo!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Adam,
I hope you are OK. That looked nasty.
If you don't mind me asking, did the side-airbags activate? I hope so, or we should all be a bit concerned I think. Anyway, hope you are in one piece.
cheers
Marsh

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
at least you are ok and are not going to have to wait too long for the replacement

crash never put you off of the car then, thats good news

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
I crashed my cooper after having it for 5 hourrs and I did 68 miles

I slid into another car, my car looked exactly the same as Adams, my fron right wheel came off.

Man I was so peed off!

I'm gonna have to wait another 6 weeks, this time I'm gonna be a bit more careful, and accident is an accident, mine happened unintentionally.

The lady was cutting the corner, I was slightly sliding, and whack made contact at around 30ish miles and hour.

Felt like some died, the next day I woke up, I felt absolutely useless!

Anyways, I back to waiting for another one, with excitement.

Good luck Adam, I'm picking mine up in March too

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
sorry to hear that mate

Lbb - that is just gutting, sorry to hear that mate
least you are ok

are you staying with the same spec or changing it at all ?

·
1,532 Posts
Re: sorry to hear that mate

ELISEBOY said:
Lbb - that is just gutting, sorry to hear that mate
least you are ok

are you staying with the same spec or changing it at all ?
Yeah it is gutting m8, I really like the car and whack GONE!
I'm sticking to the same spec apart from changing the manual AC for Automatic climate control.

I'm also really tempted to order the officalial body kit and white lights.

Cheers

·
1,532 Posts
I might also get the Xenons, thats if they're available by the time my car is delievered, but then again I might wait until April.

:D

·
1,532 Posts
Yeah the Kit is really expensive, so I may hang out for abit to see whether price falls or not, but I'm hoping to use my no interest student overdraft of £1250 pounds to pay for it, and I'll pay back nice an slowly for the next 3 yrs that I'm at uni hehehe

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i really wanted the xenons but they were not available factory fit for my build and dealer has said that to have them retro fitted will be over £700 :mad: :confused: :eek:

·
1,532 Posts
Woh thats alot!
aren't £300 factory, I dunno where they getting the extra £400 from!

I hope they are available for my build, and I hope they look as coll as the Audi TT ones :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts