MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Orders in for my Clubman which arrives next month. I've already put more onto it than I intended to (no surprise there) but was thinking about having some different alloys. It will come with the Pace spokes which I actually really like (only wish they had been an option when I ordered our MCS hatch last year) but I was just wondering if anybody out there had any suggestions as to whether there were any other wheels I should consider?

I have never particularly taken to the flame spokes and already have crown spokes on our hatch. I like the Web spokes, but somehow when I see them in reality, they seem to be smaller than the other 17" wheels (I know they aren't but there's just something about them that makes them appear smaller to me). I don't feel that I can justify spending another 2 grand on any of the JCW 18" wheels so is there something decent at around the £1,000 mark or should I just stick with my Pace spokes?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Love my pace spokes, they really transform the car, I have seen many clubmans with the same colour scheme as mine but the look is nowhere near as good in my opinion. The only other wheels I would have considered are the R109's but would have cost another £1,500.

Reactions: Darth Mini

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Any of the nicer wheels are far too expensive for me so stuck with 15" .
Was planning to put the 17s on I had in the garage but needed to get bigger or is it smaller bolts and they rubbed on the S hatch so reckon they would have been worse on the Clubman.
Pace spokes are really really nice by the way.
Particularly into black or dark alloys on white cars at the moment got my eyes on some black 15"s as i am enjoying the comfort and handling afforded by this smaller size.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The R108 multi spokes are nice, but only 17s and a wheels off job if you want to clean the backs of them.
You're not kidding - do like the look of them and they are amongst the cheaper of the premium Mini wheels but still more than I'd like and cleaning them would kill me!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys but I can't really justify £2000 or thereabouts on a £20,000 (well ok, a twenty something thousand pound:wink:) car - that's like a tenth of the cost of the car again just for wheels!! Guess I'll probably stick with the Pace spokes - which I do still like a lot anyway!

·
Canuck Poster
24 Posts
Pace wheels are awesome - I'll be keeping mine as winter wheels...

How about R112 Challenge wheels?

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
I have choice the Flame Spoke for summer tire, and for winter tire the Pace spoke from the package... a lot of Clubman have the Pace Spoke other Crown Spoke :( with package...

it really changes and gives a Checkmate touch :rolleyes:, I think the next step will be the 18 ' :wink:

everybody don't like this solution, I yes :D

Attachments

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Mine (PW at the back) are BK299s and only about £850 with Toyos. And the 18" R90 replicas at the front can be had off ebay for about £600 :p ;)
Think I might have to get a bolt kit and see how the 17s fit on the clubman they have a smaller offset though and might rub. Just spent £70 on bits today so feeling a bit faint. :D

Edit Wheelbase in oldham do the R90 copy for £500 with budget tyres in 17" they also do the 17" not that im looking or anything :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts