MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“New” versions of retro cars seem to be very successful at the moment; I guess VW started this with the re-launch of the Beetle. However, despite its success, I don’t think the new Mini is truly BMW’s response, I think BMW have just been testing the market with the Mini (hence their otherwise unlikely claims that it doesn’t make them any money). Ignore the wild speculation you read in the motoring press – After prolonged research and inside information, I am now convinced that BMW’s true focus is a new Allegro for the 21st century.

Predicting massive waiting lists, I am now trying to find a dealer who will take my order. So far, all have denied knowledge, but as BMW will want this to be kept quiet at the moment, this just confirms my theory.

I have specced a Vanden Plas so I can get the classic “Rolls Royce” radiator grill and the must-have square steering wheel (multi-function of course). I can only guess about colours at this stage, but I’m hoping they’ll bring back that browny-green sort of colour, but hopefully in metallic this time. In line with the naming of “Black-Eye Purple”, I’m predicting that it’ll probably be called "Peritonitis Green" or something like that (“Green Stain” in the US).

Not sure what other extras BMW will bring to the new Allegro, but if anyone else has any knowledge, please share it with the rest of us eagerly awaiting the release.

(For those of you from foreign shores, the Allegro was what Steve McQueen would have driven if Bullitt had been filmed in the UK in the 70’s)

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
a vinyl roof would be a must-have obviously, as would the optional picnic tray to fit over the gear lever centre console (my grandad made one of these out of plywood for his hilman avenger :p)

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
It's at this point we need some lovely pictures of a classic Allegro.

My mates dad restores them, and drives a brown one!, still I don't think I would buy one.

It's an appeal of a differnet kind to the mini, I'll just stick with my MCS (when it arrives!)

Tom

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
LOL..... I hope some of those posts dont suggest people have taken this seriously !!!... ;)

Bring back the Allegro I say, or should that be the New Allegro, we wouldnt want to upset those classic Allegro guys !.....

I'd have one, provding I could have the classic "mustard brown" with a brown vinyl roof.... obviously MFSSW (multi function square steering wheel).... and will they offer Sat Nav ?...

I way just go the whole hog and get the works kit fitted... 5k for some twin S.U.'s and a Janspeed exhaust....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Will they do a supercharged version ? :D if so I want one but it will have to be Leyland Racing Brown with matching vinly roof :p

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
look at these fantastic shots of the mini production line at the innocenti factory in milan

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course! How could I forget the brown vinyl roof! Now I’m not sure whether I should go for this with the panoramic sunroof, or Union Jack roof sticker.

I wonder if they’d be able to get a smaller “Rolls Royce” grill just above the main one for the intercooler on the “S”

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
24 Participants
Rakey
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing