MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, not sure if I'm posting in the right section here! In 3 weeks my standard 05 r53 cooper s is going in for the following upgrades,

17% pulley reduction kit
Grs intercooler
Orrange stealth induction
1320 camshaft
Bosch 550cc injectors
Custom tune/remap
Colder spark plugs

what roughly can I expect to gain? I'm hoping for 230bhp. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be very disappointed with 210! But I guess it depends on my engine health. Can only hope it's higher than that. I will post in a few weeks what the Dyno results are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How noisy we talking? I will only be driving it as a weekend toy. Are we talking 210-220 at the wheel or at the flywheel?

·
Registered
263 Posts
How noisy we talking? I will only be driving it as a weekend toy. Are we talking 210-220 at the wheel or at the flywheel?
Very noisy, in my book.

Power will be at the flywheel. (I just realised you will change the cam so maybe around 230 bhp)

Also dont ditch the cat, if you must change it use a sports cat, as decating will reduce power.

And finally to much power under the front wheels will create merry havoc in wet/icy weather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I will go for something else then! I don't mind a bit of extra grunt but not full on loud. Power wise I won't really be increasing it any further for a while. After this work it's brakes and suspension then I'm going to get it wrapped to freshen it up.

·
0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
273 Posts
And finally to much power under the front wheels will create merry havoc in wet/icy weather.
+1. I have a similar setup on my R53 and on damp roads there is a lot of wheelspin in the first 4 gears. In the dry, it's a hoot.

I see the thread is 4 months old, so what did you go for in the end?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the power and handling of the car (mini 2003). The gas mileage is great considering it's a sport model. Premium gas is recommended but regular fuel works just fine. Manual transmission but I'm just looking for a n automatic car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts