MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
I used Dawn to strip off all the wax present on my car after delivery, before giving it the Zaino treatment and yes, it does a fantastic job of this.

If you want to test it, wash your waxed car with Dawn (or for the UK guys Fairy Liquid) and then rinse with a gentle flow (not spray) of water.............notice how it easily sheets-off the bodywork and the water doesn't bead; a good indication that the surface is hydrophilic and bereft of wax. Believe me, there is science behind the formulation of car shampoos; you are not being ripped-off (most of the time ;) ).

· Registered
104 Posts
Yes, Dawn (and other dishwashing detergents) will strip conventional waxes straight off. Zaino is a polymer sealant, so this is much more durable and difficult to remove....hence the great all-year-round protection. I think Zaino themselves quote that 1 coat is good enough for 6 months protection and two is good for 9 months.....but we all know, you can never have enough coats of Zaino :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.