MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a few chips and I want to go to Halfords and buy a touch up pen, my cooper is silver, someone said i need to get white silver, does that sound right?

Also I have some grease looking marks (maybe from polishing the car or spraying the bumpers with a shine, not sure) can anyone recommend how to remove this please?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Vicki :wink:

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Well... where to begin? Not sure on the whole touch-up pen issue. You might be best getting one directly from BMW as you can be more confident it'll match.

Alternatively, you could just try comparing the different colours in store and go with your gut instinct:

As for grease marks... this can often be caused by young gentlemen dancing near cars, and inadvertently allowing their hair to come into contact with it.

There's no easy way of saying this, so I'll come right out with it. Stay away from this:

Now, it'll take some effort and some determined cleaning to get that off, afterall, it's designed to hold Mr. Travolta's hair in place - it's got to be tenacious. And, alas... cars don't clean themselves:

Well, except for maybe that one. To spare your clothes, you may want to change into something that won't be ruined when it gets wet:

Now, as I said, this will be difficult... but I'm sure there'll be help at hand:

If all else fails:

Then, bask in the cheers of the admirers/grateful/survivors (delete as appropriate):

Unfortunately, I can't be of any more help than that. :eek: :redface:

Good luck! :D

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for both of your replies!

Nerobreaker, am I right in thinking you had too much time on your hands when you wrote that reply lol, it was really funny but also useful so thanks!! lol

Vicki :)

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Thankyou for both of your replies!

Nerobreaker, am I right in thinking you had too much time on your hands when you wrote that reply lol, it was really funny but also useful so thanks!! lol

Vicki :)
:p Well, I was waiting on a 20-minute timer for an experiment at the time... so I suppose I had 20 minutes worth of 'too much' time. ;) :D

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
You're always better getting the "proper" touch up brush from the main dealer (even if the price will make you cry), although even then simply dabbing in chips is never a satisfactory repair,better than rusty scabs though ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts