MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mini2Mini
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy!
I was wondering if you guys had ideas for or had experienced some fun events with your clubs.
I'm trying to gather ideas to share with a new group forming in the Memphis TN area.

thanks for your help.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Our local club meets irregularly just to chat. We also go for drives and Zaino parties. Sometimes we go as a group to a car show.

HR ClubMINI is a very chaotic club, with no dues or static membership lists. :)

·
Two MINI Family
428 Posts
JPB said:
howdy!
I was wondering if you guys had ideas for or had experienced some fun events with your clubs.
I'm trying to gather ideas to share with a new group forming in the Memphis TN area.

thanks for your help.
DC Metro MINIs is very well orgranized. We have a board, an annual business meeting, dues, a club insurance policy, a web site (www.dcmetrominis.org), a forum on NAM and we plan about two events per month (sometimes more, October was very busy for us with five events.) We have also negotiated discounts with two local dealers. Events have included:

* A standing monthly breakfast at a local dealership
*Monthly dinner
*Holiday party wtih gift exchange
*Camping trip with a drive to see the leaves change (overnight optional)
*Halloween event with a picnic and driving at night to run corn mazes
*Drive to a restaurant to eat lunch or dinner - such as going out for crabs
*Scenic drives around the area - Annapolis/Wye Island, Battlefields, Soloman's Island
*A 'how to" day at a local MINI owner's garage where we learned to change our own oil
*A BBQ and car judging competition

We have future plans for a group car wash, a drive to see Christmas lights, a scenic drive into southern Maryland etc.

Non members are welcome at almost all of our events, but must pay a small fee to "join for the day" so they are covered by the group insurance policy.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What a club should do really depends on the interests, energy, abilities, etc of it's members. Smoky Mountain MINI/Minis has a roving monthly dinner meeting and as many other activities as club members wish to organize. We have done poker runs, visited museums (with drive included) as a group, group gatherings to autocross with local SCCA. We just finished a haunted drive that will probably be an annual activity. In February we are planning a day-long first aid/CPR class.

For each activity a club has, someone has stepped up and organized, given their time. If funds are to be handled it is best if by-laws are written and adopted and officers chosen (usually those who are not at the meeting that night ;) )

Our family has participated for years in car club "doings" and have had many hours of fun and hard work with our cars.

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Michigan MINI Motoring Club (www.michiganmini.com) is a free club (no dues, membership fees, etc) with people from all over Michigan and some from Ohio as well. Activities are pretty much done by suggestion. If someone comes up with an idea and wants to plan it, they take the lead. I've only been around for a few months now, but in that time we've done a ton of different events.

- Annual Summer picnic at a local park (including a scavenger hunt type event)
- Annual Fall Colors Tour
- Bi-weekly Starbucks Nights in the Summer (just meet in the parking lot and hang out for a few hours)
- Laps at Michigan International Speedway
- Track days at Gingerman
- Lunch in Frankenmuth, various parties, game nights, Kart 2 Kart, dinners, moive nights... pretty much whatever people suggest!
- Road trip down to the Dragon in May 2005 - which I haven't done yet, but sounds like it'll be a phenomenal time :D

Stop by the website and say hi :D ;)

·
Mini2Mini
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the ideas. A lot of these sound like fun and I'll pass them along once our group gets rolling.

I have a few questions that are sort related...
Were there any special requirements to doing laps on a track?

What was the best scavenger hunt you had and how did you set it up? I'm not sure what I'm asking here as I have never participated in one of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts