MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I first joined MINI2 back in 2003 when I got my MINI Cooper in Solid Gold. Five years happy motoring later and we're trading her in for another new MINI - a Cooper Diesel. I'm unbelievably excited :D and it should be with us by end July, which isn't too long a wait, I thought.

My husband and I pored over the specs last weekend and eventually signed on the dotted line. We've gone for a fairly high spec'd car as follows:

Black roof/mirror caps in black
Nightfire Red body
Darkened rear glass
Leather interior - punch hole leather design
Heated front seats
Chilli pack
17" flame alloys
Leather MFSW
Interior trim in Piano Black
Rain sensor and lights on
Sat Nav
Basic bluetooth pack w/USB
White indicator lenses
Interior light pack
Automatic air conditioning
On board computer
Exterior mirror pack
Heated windscreen washer jets/mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Chrome line interior and exterior
Visibility pack

We're getting Seal and Protect put on too.

What do people think about the colour? After having quite a unique colour before with the solid gold and black roof (which looks great) I didn't particularly want silver or even sparkling silver as they are of that ilk (personal preference) and thought the red chilli is fairly popular, so Nightfire Red was the end result.

Anyway, be pleased to hear any feedback!

Cheers.

Lucy

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Nightfire red is brilliant and I recently saw a chromed up night fire red convertible with a black roof and that made the colour look even better than normal. I think its lovely and have liked it from the beginning but like the gold its a very marmite colour (you wither love it or hate it!) Good luck with the wait and I hope the gold Cooper doesn't hate you forever!

Have you seen nightfire red in the flesh on a MINI yet?

xxx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Laura (I think we spoke back in 2003 you know!)

Anyway, re the colour. We saw a MINI in Nightfire Red at the dealer's but with a white roof and no bonnet stripes, so no, haven't seen one the same as our config yet.

Glad to hear that you like it!

I know what you mean about the Solid Gold. I wasn't too sure when we got it (it was an ex-demo) but I grew to love it. I do feel very fond of my current MINI and will have to have a farewell chat when the day comes. It will be emotional.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lucy

·
Totally Mad!
9,105 Posts
Hi Lucy

ONED (Barry) has a Nightfire Red Dooper, here it is in Ireland a couple of weeks ago

These are a couple from his gallery -

I love the colour and yours sounds a great spec, roll on July eh? :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow! That looks fabulous! Thanks for the pics.

Am even more excited now!

It will be interesting to see if/how the Bluetooth works with the Sat Nav. The sales guy at my local dealer wasn't too sure if the bluetooth would actually integrate with it at all, or whether you can simply pick up a call from the MFSW and that's it. He thought that I'd still need to use the phone to make outgoing calls. That's fine, by the way, I don't have a problem with that, but I'm sure someone has mentioned to me that you can scroll through names to call on the sat nav. Or maybe that was on a Jaguar? :confused:

Well, it won't be toooo long before I find out first hand.

If anyone has any experience with the bluetooth/sat nav set up, I'd be interested to know how they get on with it. The reason the sales chappie doesn't know the answer is because apparently they haven't had that many requests for this combination yet. Interesting.

Cheers!

Lucy

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
It's gorgeous and I want one! :) Well done great choice and 'exy spec! :wink:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I saw one today and think they look stunning. In fact think they look even nicer than the Chili Reds! It's all personal opinion though and you should defo go with what you like :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will keep my eyes peeled to see what it looks like in the flesh! In the meantime, thanks all for your comments.

Lucy

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
...We've gone for a fairly high spec'd car as follows:

Black roof/mirror caps in black
Nightfire Red body
Darkened rear glass
Leather interior - punch hole leather design
Heated front seats
Chilli pack
17" flame alloys
Leather MFSW
Interior trim in Piano Black
Rain sensor and lights on
Sat Nav
Basic bluetooth pack w/USB
White indicator lenses
Interior light pack
Automatic air conditioning
On board computer
Exterior mirror pack
Heated windscreen washer jets/mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Chrome line interior and exterior
Visibility pack
Blimey, I've just found options on my car that you don't have - didn't think there was anything left on the list.

You missed out on Xenons and DAB radio,

But why did you spend all that money on sat-nav? For about £100 you could have put it on your mobile phone!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I know! ;) My husband likes his gadgets and he's had integrated sat nav in his company car for a while now so wouldn't let that one go. I'm not complaining because even though the Tom Toms, Navmans and PDA/mobile devices work brilliantly these days, the screens can be a bit small plus you have to remember to put it away/set it up etc.

Anything to make my life easier! :D

It sounds as if you're very happy with your MINI, Harpo, and it's an amazing spec. Have you noticed many other Nightfire Reds around since you've had yours? I was hoping the colour would be just a tad different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good enough for me.

A to B is really all I'm after, without the faff factor of a portable device.

Thank you! :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts