MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking out these wheels on the OZ racing site
www.oz-racing.co.uk

I'm really considering to buy one of these, but I need the help you you lovely ppl.

After having a chat with the OZ guys these wheels are very light!

I'm really interested in the

Crono Evolutions (7x17 Weight 7.5 Kg £145.00 per Wheel)
Volcanos (7x17 Weight 10.8 Kg £145.00 per Wheel)

I might get wider ones in 16s, not sure yet.

PICS BELOW

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But checkout how deep the VOLCANOES are! Very nice inded, but these wheels are a bit heavier, but I think they are lighter than the S Spokes

Attachments

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So guys which one you think would look best on the MINI.....I might be getting the BMW body kit soon, so need to take them inta consideration

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
The antares look good, but I don't think they would look good on the mini. They're too hard looking, with bold hard lines, not really appropriate for the mini's smooth rounded 'cuddly' look!

I reckon the volcanoes would look quite good out of those, in real life.

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, are they by OZ....I'll go and check.
I'll stick a pic on here aswell

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the Superleggeras
Very nice actually MINI-MINI, theses would look a treat on my Cosmos black/white roof Cooper!

Cheers buddy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Those are all five-bolt wheels. Dosen't the MINI need a four-bolt wheel pattern.

Also, as people have been so nice to point out before, check that the wheel offset is the same as the MINI's for the specified wheel width, or you'll sacrafice handling and possibly have the wheel rub on turns or contact the spats on bumps.

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know these wheels have a 5 bolt pattern, but OZ do 4 bolt pattern aswell its just these were the pics they had on their site.

OZ are of a racing pdigree, so they should have loadsa combos to go for MINI......The Antares aren't suited for the MINI according to OZ so we'll scrap that design.

Offsets shouldn't be a problem, unless you go for the really big wheels, ie 8+ inches wide.

Cheers

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Kinster, but I don't like the S Spokes that much.

Thats why I put this post up so ppl can tell me which one out of these wheels look goods, I'm jut trying ta draw some opinions.

S Spokes are quite heavy wheels tbw, light wheels allow the car to handle a bit better, and the suspesion and associated parts such as the wheel axles have less stress to cope with....due to lower amount of weight.

Cheers Kinster

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Superlegga on a silver MINI :D :cool: :cool: :cool: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you guys like the Superleggaras, SMIFFY they would look goog on a Cosmos black Cooper aswell hehehe.

MINICOOPERSGIRL....yeah that the order of my choices...Supers in 1st spot and 2nd spot the Cronos.

You should post a pic of the 17" BBS you wannna get

EVERYBODY post a pic of wheels you think would look good on the MINI....sorted!

Cheers

·
Registered
208 Posts
the super leggara's are now availible in high polished silver almost chrome very shiny and they do a 7x 17 and 7x18, which is nice and thin not to much worries,

i been talking to my suppliers alot lately, i'm well interested. lol

TOM

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wicked!

Do you own a car accessories shop
(plz tell me the correct word for you kind of shop)

Seeing as you sell alloys......will the run flats fit on these wheels like any other tyre, or do you have to have special alloys?

I'd love to hear what prices you would sell em at...cheers

Ibb

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys what do you think of these wheels by Rial
They're called Daytonas.....£450 for 4 7x17 wheels without tyres from www.tyresave.co.uk

What do you think...I think they're pretty neat

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts