MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi ...

does the image attached seem strange is the gap to wide? is the car bent?

can u please help me please.....

can anyone post some photos of theres at the same angle please please

thank u a lot in advance
malcolm

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Min106,
oh dear, for a car that's renowned for it's tight, even panel gaps this one looks......
...............well, not tight and not even.

I get the feeling that the front wing may well need slight adjustment too!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Please give us a little more info.

1) Has the car been in a wreck?
2) Are the doors hung properly (if they're not, easy to fix)?
3) If crashed, who did the repairs (if they botched the repairs, you may be able to wrangle some compensation from the repair shop)?

Let us know.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
min106 said:
hi ...

does the image attached seem strange is the gap to wide? is the car bent?

can u please help me please.....

can anyone post some photos of theres at the same angle please please

thank u a lot in advance
malcolm

God there are some picky whingers on M2..... always griping about the smallest little fault.

Get a life sad boy, live with it....

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Looking at photo number two it looks like an accident damage, so it's a bit harsh to call someone who's worried their car might be bent whinging.

To be honest, I can't tell from the photos, maybe go to a local dealer and compare?

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Seriously, the cars been crashed. Why are we looking at a photo of a panel gap on a panel of a car thats been effected by a major front impact.

I feel really sorry for anyone whos had such an accident, but what can be said? If we were being asked to look a a dodgy weld down the middle or something I could understand. Perhaps some information about the accident - "I was driving down the street when the front wheel fell off is it your opinion that my cars a wrong un?" But a panel gap on a deformed car - what do you want us to say - yes its all someone elses fault?

Sorry to be plain speaking, but thats the what I see.

Now if you showed us a panel gap on a car that had no other visible damage, then there might be concern. But the car has been crashed. What are we to think?

I hope you get your car fixed satifactorily. It know it hurts when your pride and joy is damaged, but it can be fixed. We have all been there at one time or another.

Sorry for causeing you offence in my first post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts