MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my mini 1~2 months ago and have thought a lot about what to do to it. I decided that I'm gonna wait until the warranty runs out before I tweak the performance and looks of it but am pretty sure that changing the ice doesn't void the warranty.

I'm getting the CD-Player Boost Radio, not the multichanger and feel that the system won't be loud enough for my needs (I've worked a little on some small club nights with v. loud speakers and I need volume!)

If I was to add amps and new speakers would I have to get a new head unit, I'm quite happy with the BMW one, because it looks good and blends in with the interior.

Also, how much would a 'decent' system cost? I haven't got a clue at the mo when it comes to ice! All I know is I want it loud!! Hehe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Smiffy

I was also thinking about going for that head unit (or similar. I believe there's about 3 that look like that). 2 things; 1. check out a website called Empiredirect.co.uk, it has these Sony head units at a discount price, far cheaper than anywhere else. 2. When you fit it, let us know how you got on and how it sounds.

cheers :)

ps Empire direct are a reliable company, i have ordered a couple of things from there with no probs

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Thanks for that web site. Its the cheapest Ive found so Ive just saved around £50 quid :eek: :eek: I think its one of the best Sony headunits on the market with lots of featues & has been featured in loadz of mags :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts