MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my replacement on 10th Jan and my dealer told me if would be here asap.

Obviously I knew it would be longer as I've gone for Velvet Red and that is only available from March delivery. My dealer told me it would be ready about 2nd week in March. I wasn't relying on that as I can't trust them as far as I could spit them, so I thought I'd just chill and wait.

I've now found out that my build week is week 10 (4th March), so mid March to me seems to be pushing it and in fact another dealer says will take about a month at least, so looking at beginning of April.

Called my dealer yesterday and he now says in last two weeks of March! Do I get the feeling that this is going to slip and slip like the first time?

ANy thoughts? Especially dealers out there.

The other dealer said strangerly, had I thought about asking to keep my loan car until June and having an S instead!! No way my dealer would let me do that, and surely I'd be right down the waiting list and so wouldn't get it in June anyway??

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I have been told that BMW intend to add the 'fix' for the 'Pull' into production mid-March, so if I were you I would insist that they wait till then before they build you car. Better to wait a little longer than for it to 'pull' to the left.

LMB :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
If my car is due at the dealers on the 1st Of April when is it likely to be built :confused: :confused: :confused: :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I ordered my Velvet Red the dealer told me beginning of April - which luckily fits in with when I want to take delivery anyway. I'll be ringing to ask them which build week it is though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Varse said:
I've now found out that my build week is week 10 (4th March), so mid March to me seems to be pushing it and in fact another dealer says will take about a month at least, so looking at beginning of April.
If my experience is anything to go by, a MINI can be ordered, built, delivered and PDI'd inside three weeks. I therefore see no reason why it shouldn't be with your dealer in mid-March.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts