1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not my car, but what do you think of this spec for a new Cooper:

MINI COOPER
Black II
Clth/Lea OCTAGON Red (red door panels etc. too)

CHILI Pack
- 16" 5-Star Alloy Wheels
- 3 Spoke Spts Lea St Wheel
- Chrome Line Exterior
- Front Foglights
- Interior Light Package
- Pass. Seat Height Adj.
- Radio/Cassette WAVE
- Rear spoiler
- Sport Seats - Front
- Storage Compartment Pack
- Trip Computer
- Velour Floor Mats

Air Conditioning Manual
CD Changer Prep
Dynamic Stability Control
ISOFIX Child Seat System
Mirror Caps in BodyColour
Multi-function on S/Wheel
Remote Control Alarm
Roof In Body Colour
Smoker Package
Sports suspension PLUS
Heated washer jets and mirrors.
Anthracite headliner.

I think it would look cool, and is a decent spec, for a decent budget. Any thoughts?

This is something my brother in law is considering.
:)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KenL said:
Looks great - but how about the newer 16" wheels & chrome mirrors?
He likes my wheels on the S, and "might do the chrome later".. which is fair enough. I think the chrome would look cool.

He also said he could them get red viper stripes to match the interior trim colour! You can tell he's been thinking about this a lot!!

:D

What are you doing up at 2:30 am?!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't smoke in your mini, you'll never sell it if nothing else! Not sure what the baby seat thing does, but if you're putting a baby seat in the front get the button that disables the passenger airbag installed, it's £40 if it's not part of the baby seat thingy, and it'll stop the kid being smothered...

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Spec looks good. :D

Tell him to add a bucket, sponge, leather and a jetwash to the order, being a black MINI. :p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
looks good Paul, the only things that kind of pop to mind but there are probably reason behind his choice are....

I would have chose 17inch wheels rather than 16's, just fill the arches a bit better IMO
I would have gone with the Boost headunit, single CD player, unless he is planning to do an after market swap

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rakey said:
looks good Paul, the only things that kind of pop to mind but there are probably reason behind his choice are....

I would have chose 17inch wheels rather than 16's, just fill the arches a bit better IMO
I would have gone with the Boost headunit, single CD player, unless he is planning to do an after market swap
Wheels - it was a case of substance over looks I believe. ;)

HU etc, I think he would go aftermarket later on to improve it and get his ipod hooked up.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
best to check with Mike about which after market units are available to get that allow hook up to the MFSW and I-pod fitting with MFSW;)

As otherwise he could be paying for MFSW that might not be of use to him when he changes the HU and puts the I-pod in, and he might have been better off just getting the Boost.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
talking of specs they had your dream car in scothall's yesterday rakey - Cooper S Convertible

in yellow :D

·
All White
468 Posts
Looks like an excellent spec to me - in fact very similar to my PW\PW cooper just ordered, though I'm hoping to get x-lites and have specced chrome interior.

Rob

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Nice spec - and good taste with the red door trims! Radio Boost is a must and I prefer the new fin wheels to 5 stars...

It really needs a white roof, mirrors and stripes though...oh that's my car! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.