MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about getting this done. Still in CAD so opinions please?

too simple or just right?

Edited to add the one below:

Thoughts please!

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
Cool.

That's the design i'd though of having when i've got my S, but had not seen one done yet..

:)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you guys think to the S with UJ?????

GMG

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
its looks well :cool:

would love to see the UJ as a circle though, as I am not sure about rectangular on a round item, its just not something that you would see on any other designed products;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I definately like the UJ S one better...like someone else suggested get the UJ S bead blasted and the rest of the knob polished...I think that would look sharp!

·
Proud MINI2 Sponsor
368 Posts
Yeah the UJ is nice. I do like the idea of it being in a circle...
Don't know if it could be bead blasted separately or brushed, but that would set it off well.

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
This has given me ideas for mine now! :)

Hope you don't mind, I've done a VERY bad Photoshop of your design integrated with Doug's Wings2 design just to see what it'd look like. I'm not sure at the moment - I'm wondering if it's too "busy".

What do you guys think?

Kev

Attachments

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
IMO, yes too busy, still thinking that a circular UJ with the S on it will be the better looking option based on the original design:)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will work on the round flag this weekend. Not sure how that will look yet in my head. That is the nice thing about CAD. You get to see it before you spend the $.

BTW, anyone who wants the 'artwork' for their Whalen, let me know. I can sent it to you or straight to Doug.

GMG

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
GoMiniGo said:
I will work on the round flag this weekend. Not sure how that will look yet in my head. That is the nice thing about CAD. You get to see it before you spend the $.

BTW, anyone who wants the 'artwork' for their Whalen, let me know. I can sent it to you or straight to Doug.

GMG
have a look in the group buy thread, Hat has done a round UJ with no S;)

·
Lovin it
99 Posts
GMG,

I like the design with the S and the UJ. Are you going to polish the top or leave it in a brushed finish?

Also, I read your post about artwork you could send to Doug. Can you convert the files from jpeg to DXF? I work on an Apple and havent found a program like photoshop or illustrator that will convert the file.

Bob

PS I will be ordering one of your glovebox contraptions in the next week or so.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
miniman,

Yes, I need to get into DXF for Doug anyway. So, I have to rip out the curves from my 3D model to a 2D DXF format. Drop me a PM with your email. I should be able to get it to you this Saturday.

Debating the polished versus bead blast versus brushed versus a combination. Hopefully, I will make up my mind quicker than the pattern. Got to hit the sale timeframe. :D Leaning towards all polished at the moment. Well, that moment is done, how about bead blast. Nope, that moment is done.....aaaaaahhhhhh! :p

GMG

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here you go - round flag!

FYI - I assumed a 3/64" ball end at cutting depth of .008" which yielded about 0.036" wide grooves. Also, I used a max graphic diameter of 1.5". (all this after email's with Doug) Since I was using Boolean operation instead of a true machining program, my ends of lines are more square than what you would really see from Doug. Doug's parts WILL look MUCH better. This is just a general swag for visual aids.

Cheers,

GMG

·
Registered
352 Posts
GoMiniGo said:
here you go - round flag!

FYI - I assumed a 3/64" ball end at cutting depth of .008" which yielded about 0.036" wide grooves. Also, I used a max graphic diameter of 1.5". (all this after email's with Doug) Since I was using Boolean operation instead of a true machining program, my ends of lines are more square than what you would really see from Doug. Doug's parts WILL look MUCH better. This is just a general swag for visual aids.

Cheers,

GMG
It would probably look more like this. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts