MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mmmm... MINI...
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is a good product (s) to use to clean the dashboard. I don't want to use Armor all, because I don't want the black bits to be shiny. I do want the silver bits to be shiny. Any ideas?

Thanx,
Rich

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Orich said:
I was wondering what is a good product (s) to use to clean the dashboard. I don't want to use Armor all, because I don't want the black bits to be shiny. I do want the silver bits to be shiny. Any ideas?

Thanx,
Rich
ArmorAll that leaves the dash shiny is not a cleaner.
Do you really mean clean or do you mean protect..

Clean. The best thing is just plain mild soap and water.

Protect. My favorite is 303 Aerospace Protectant. Best thing I've ever used.

·
kgouin
481 Posts
I also use the 303 Aerospace Protectant. It lasts a long time, isn't greasy, and makes it look nice! If you go to their website, they will send you a sample.

·
Registered
301 Posts
303 Hands Down

303 Aerospace wins hands down. It's easy to use and gives the area a lot of depth. I also use it on my seats and outside on the rubber-clad parts.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I use a damp cloth to wipe down the dash and any interior pieces that need cleaning.

Then I follow it up with a coating of 303 protectant on the black plastic.

For the painted bits, I use Meguiars NXT wax.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Interesting topic...there's the upper dash..the big black part...then there's the instrument panel dash...

Are the instrument panel dash.. and door trim panels painted...or color impregnated plastic? If marred can they be polished out? Should these items be protected with sealer or wax.. or just cleaned and 303'd?

What about the chrome trim on the dash? Sealed or cleaned and 303'd?

There are a lot of different materials in there...what to do eh?

Peter..who thought he knew something about detailing...in Denver

·
Registered
201 Posts
steebo777 said:
Never tried or heard of this product, but based on your guys' recommendations, I'll try it. A free sample of it to boot!
I just tried 303 based on all the recommendations. Great stuff! You won't be disappointed.

Mark

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
Interesting topic...there's the upper dash..the big black part...then there's the instrument panel dash...

Are the instrument panel dash.. and door trim panels painted...or color impregnated plastic? If marred can they be polished out? Should these items be protected with sealer or wax.. or just cleaned and 303'd?

What about the chrome trim on the dash? Sealed or cleaned and 303'd?

There are a lot of different materials in there...what to do eh?

Peter..who thought he knew something about detailing...in Denver

Ditto that! :confused:

Can 303 be used on leatherette seats??!

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
According to this you should be able to use 303 on your leatherette seats. Anyone correct me if this is wrong! ;)

·
bye bye MINI hello 206
4,313 Posts
i use 'flash dash'-vanilla smell-ideal for removing 'take away' smells for the car too!

·
Polo GT Owner!
3,938 Posts
I used to use AutoGlym Vinyl and Rubber care worked a treat, slight shine but nothing too bright :p :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts