MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a fair amount of differing opinions on magazines like New Mini and Go Mini.... some love them, some are quite critical...

So here's my question...

What kind of articles/features do you want to be reading in your perfect, ideal world?

Technical? mini-ing people? mini babes? mini companies? mini runs and track days?

What?

:confused:

Thanks, Intrepid :)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Honestly...

I would be interested in good coverage of runs. Reviews and interviews with participants would be good, as well as a sort of diary for upcoming events. (not just M2 events, but anyone from a mini club who submits their fixtures maybe?)

Readers cars is always nice to see, but not too many feratures per issue on this, it can be a bit boring for those who aren't performance minded.

A photo gallery for readers to send in piccies of their mini's in nice locations or poses.

Coverage of JCC events and interviews with drivers maybe?

Now that warranties are starting to expire, some basic DIY workshops. Like how to replace discs and pads, keeping the paintwork in good condition, reviews on car maintenance products.

Reviews on aftermarket products like brakes, intakes, exhausts, chips etc.

There's a whole heap of stuff that could go into a well thought out and planned magazine. :)

There you go Chief Editor Intrepid, how's that for ya? ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Easy to comprehend - but not dumbed down - articles about how cars actually work in general, what the all the bits are, what they do, how they relate to each other, etc., and about mods you can have done, their pros and cons... that sort of thing.

Driving technique advice would be good, stuff that would be practical on public roads not just on-track, and perhaps explanations of what's going on in the car when, for example, the brakes lock or you lose steering going through puddles, and how to deal with those sorts of situations.

Maybe such a magazine is out there and I've just not come across it :confused:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
You thinking of starting a rival mag Suzy baby ;) :p

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
OK, so whats needed is

Birds ;) :p, fast cars, ICE, accesories, track action, fashion (Burberry, Stone Island etc), aftermarket kit, mods you can do yourself easily amongst other stuff :D :D :p

·
Now With More Cowbell
1,687 Posts
Intrepid said:
What kind of articles/features do you want to be reading in your perfect, ideal world?

Technical? mini-ing people? mini babes? mini companies? mini runs and track days?
Technical. All technical. Maybe a bit of new product feature, but keep it technical.

Seeing a scantily clad young lady on the cover of a magazine is a sure way to discourage me from picking it up.*

-CW

*Rule does not apply to mags with names like "Juggs" or "Big'Uns". :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Something like a MINI-only magazine like the British Car would be nice. Thoughtful, honest reviews, fun features, some coverage of motorsport, the best photography and writing, etc. Car, aside from it's often goofy anti-American biases, is a terrific magazine.

Mark

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wibbly said:
OK, so whats needed is

Birds ;) :p, fast cars, ICE, accesories, track action, fashion (Burberry, Stone Island etc), aftermarket kit, mods you can do yourself easily amongst other stuff :D :D :p
Good one but you can lose the clothing bit! :D

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
hey did you read my gomini thread ???

freebies with the mag would be cool ;)

buttonit hit it on the nose in his post.

also a wheel review you know like pics of minis side on with various alloys - ala chav mag but classy ;)

·
4,955 Posts
posters would be nice as part of the freebies and stickers

can you tell yet that i want loads of free stuff!!! ;)

how about doing an issue with a mini valve cap per issue -collect 4 issues and you get a set ;)

now that will sell a mag!!!

·
4,955 Posts
hey dont laugh i got some lurvely sexy matt black ones i can sell you
i dont want to oversell these but they are huge black dopey things - yours for 99p and as its you il throw in a spare ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts