MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm suprised this isn't stickied already, in addition to the intake threads. :)

I'd REALLY love to hear any sound files anyone has, especially of the Borla system, which is the one i'm looking at purchasing for the Mini if I can ever get home. :D

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
Scorpion! or also the playmini depends on which side of the pond you are on

i dunno about power gains, but it pops like crazy! sounda lot like a mis-firing system!, fit is almost perfect... great install, very minor drone at high speed

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
kyriian said:
Scorpion! or also the playmini depends on which side of the pond you are on

i dunno about power gains, but it pops like crazy! sounda lot like a mis-firing system!, fit is almost perfect... great install, very minor drone at high speed
That's what I've got, you do get power and noise gains. It's greeeeeeeeeeeeeat!

:D

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Lambros otherwise known as Hi-Tec.
Australian Stainless Steel type (Titanium available). High-flow with an awesome sound. Rated very highly but unknown outside Oz!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Purple Haze said:
I'm suprised this isn't stickied already, in addition to the intake threads. :)

I'd REALLY love to hear any sound files anyone has, especially of the Borla system, which is the one i'm looking at purchasing for the Mini if I can ever get home. :D
Lots of sound files in the FAQ on exhaust systems.

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AlexN said:
Replaced Milltek with JCW and love it.

Alex

I have the same question.....why?

Hell, I might just go ahead and order the JCW intake and exhaust on my ordered Mini, same me the trouble. If it's that good. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well....with a header the car got too loud for my taste. So I decided to get the JCW exhaust.
The exhaust build quality is far better than the Milltek and the fitment is perfect. No installment issues with heat shields and centering the tips. Even the clamp provided to mate the two pieces is far better than the one that comes with the Milltek.

I was lucky enough to find a new JCW exhaust from a member on this forum.
I now have the JCW upgrade kit sitting in my basement that I will install this week hopefully if I find the time to do it. The parts are just superior and the upgrade kit is a deal if you are able to get it (ordering it without JCW number) because the bigger injectors are included.

This is my opinion. I do not think the JCW makes more power than the Milltek (Milltek is better in that category) but I think the gap gets smaller with the header anyways.....so I hope.

Alex

·
Registered
123 Posts
onasled said:
Understandable reasons ;)

I wll say though that the Miltek's fit and finish is top notch!
Sound is perfect to my ears:D
Well on my 04 I was not quite that lucky. Some bending of heat shields needed to be done. The JCW was far better. I am not saying that the Milltek is bad.....not at all. I really liked it but at 4500RPM that thing got too loud for my taste.

Alex

1 - 20 of 30 Posts