MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im looking to get boost and oil temp/pressure for my cooper s. I'm prob getting the Alta pod, but what gauges shall I get?

I dont want a digital one, i want it to look as close to the rev counter as possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I think Splitfire are the only guages that have a silver bezel and a silver face. You can also get a replacement Splitfire bezel in chrome if you have a chrome tacho. Race -X do a brushed aluminium bezel and silver faces.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Stewart Warner makes the gauges in the MCS Auxiliary Gauge Kit (pn 82-94-0-393-994). The Vacuum/Boost gauge in this kit looks similar to the following one from their Competition Series, except it has "two tics" beyond 15 psi and Cooper S on the face:
Gauge Household thermometer Speedometer Measuring instrument Auto part
Auto Meter Ultra Lite Series gauges are also a good match to the tachometer.

Here's what 52.4mm mechanical Vacuum/Boost and Oil Pressure gauges from each manufacturer look like:
Stewart Warner

Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Speedometer Meter Gauge Speedometer Auto part Measuring instrument Tachometer

Auto Meter

Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Tachometer Tool Gauge Measuring instrument Speedometer Auto part Tool

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
The innovate stuff is very nice and more than likely what i'll be piocking when i do mine. ThinkMINI are an official dealer for them i think.... might be wioth checking out Bhozars innovate stuff and Lucky Daves.

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
the ones fitted this summer have had a colour change to silver dial faces, however afaik you can only get these through MINI they're not listed on VDO's site.

I'll dig out a photo of mine

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts

These are the official mini ones fitted in August, the black face they replaced are no longer available (from MINI you can still get them from VDO) They do look darker than the ones listed on MINI's site but according to the stealers are the same just mounted beneath the switches

1 - 11 of 11 Posts