MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
queen B said:
He tried to check out but you know you can never leave the Hotel California. ;) :D

I talk to him daily :) I am his wife. He's been waaaayyyy too busy with work. I will let him know you were asking about him. He will like that.
I never realised you two were married.

:)

No reason I should, but it's amazing how many couples we seem to have on MINI2.

:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
We have several "double trouble" MINI couples in the vicinity. We have laughed about starting our own club of two+ MINI families (we have four). :)

There is a funny story about me and David and Minis. We went to the same high school but did not know each other. I used to sit on the school bus watching this "funny little red car" leave the parking lot. Minis were very uncommon here in Tennessee and I was trying to figure out what it was. I wanted one but never found out what it was.

I met David after he graduated from school and we dated out in groups with other couples and did not meet each others families for a while. One night he told me he needed to work on his car and asked if I wanted to come over to his house and hang out while he did so. When we got to the basement, there was the little car I had been so enamoured of in high school. I quickly married him for his car and he has kept me in Minis and MINIs for over 25 years now. The couple that Minis together stays together :D

·
Moderator and Miniac
213 Posts
Hey mate. Thanks for asking. Just been busy doing car stuff and working. I have been looking at my duties as mod on the classic forum but just look to see everything is cool. I will be back more often as cold weather gets here. That is when I spend more time on the computer.
Cheers !!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
queen B said:
We have several "double trouble" MINI couples in the vicinity. We have laughed about starting our own club of two+ MINI families (we have four). :)

There is a funny story about me and David and Minis. We went to the same high school but did not know each other. I used to sit on the school bus watching this "funny little red car" leave the parking lot. Minis were very uncommon here in Tennessee and I was trying to figure out what it was. I wanted one but never found out what it was.

I met David after he graduated from school and we dated out in groups with other couples and did not meet each others families for a while. One night he told me he needed to work on his car and asked if I wanted to come over to his house and hang out while he did so. When we got to the basement, there was the little car I had been so enamoured of in high school. I quickly married him for his car and he has kept me in Minis and MINIs for over 25 years now. The couple that Minis together stays together :D
Cool story. Abi was never into Minis at all until we got together, even now she just thinks they're cool cars because they're so much fun to own and drive, but the first time we met (remembering I was a 6ft athletic type (late) teenager at the time) she still knew when we went outside that the beaten up old white Mini parked outside was my car, it just suited me, so she says!

:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
queen B said:
Such a GREAT story! 25+ years! that's wonderful.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
queen B said:

What a fantastic Story :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
zgokart said:
____
Hey Trina, I like that new soft drink brand. Is that you going down Lombard Street (the world's most crooked street?) :D
Thanks, zgokart! I found the softdrink when I was vacationing in Spain earlier this year. Such a treat!

Yes, that's me (and "MINI Driver") coming down Lombard Street! Very observant of you. :) It was taken during a MINI run with a group from the NOT (Neverending Owners Thread - aka New Owners Thread)

I see you're in Northern Cal - Are you in SF as well?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts