MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was checking the internet to see if my old R53 cooper S has been sold yet. this is it before:

To my amazement the dealer has took of my decals, my halo ring side lights, my uj mirror caps and my interior uj mirror cap. I thought they would keep the uj roof because it looks nice with a blue car. Is this a common thing that dealerships do? Has anyone else had this happen to there old mini?
This is the link for what it looks like now
Welcome to Cooper Sunderland authorised MINI dealership

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Its normal for them to end up removing 'personalisation' :)

My dealership have a car that had a checker roof, they were going to be taking it off this week if the car didnt sell, as it makes it harder to sell a car with a roof decal unless you have someone go in that wants exactly that (which to be fair probably isnt very often).

I saved them a job of removing personalisation from my Dooper and removed it before it went in ;) Its all now back on the S :D

My old MINI ONE had the Union Jack roof taken off, ive seen it since and she looks odd poor thing :(

Not seen my first MINI though, so not sure if that still has Silver Vipers or not :puzzled:

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But they haven't even dropped the price of the car, I think it is overpriced thats why it hasn't been sold. I thought it would be good to see my old R53 S around exactly how I traded it in

·
Registered
86 Posts
But they haven't even dropped the price of the car, I think it is overpriced thats why it hasn't been sold. I thought it would be good to see my old R53 S around exactly how I traded it in

Im being nosey here ut how much more are they selling for to what they bought it for ?:p

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Sold my old MINI just over 2 weeks ago - not sure where it will end up as it had over 60,000 miles and was over 5 years old - i was the second MINI2 owner of her too :cool:

I left a few stickers/decals on mine as i got annoyed with the dealer and left him to do them.

On the rear was a MINI2 sticker, "your'e only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and a big sticker saying "Beep if you love new MINIs" - don't ask - think they took them off as the new owner probably won't want them :D

Keep an eye out if you see her for sale - its the one the left, new MINI is on the right ;)

Attachments

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Sold my old MINI just over 2 weeks ago - not sure where it will end up as it had over 60,000 miles and was over 5 years old - i was the second MINI2 owner of her too :cool:

I left a few stickers/decals on mine as i got annoyed with the dealer and left him to do them.

On the rear was a MINI2 sticker, "your'e only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" and a big sticker saying "Beep if you love new MINIs" - don't ask - think they took them off as the new owner probably won't want them :D

Keep an eye out if you see her for sale - its the one the left, new MINI is on the right ;)
Why didn't you have stripes this time?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Well I was checking the internet to see if my old R53 cooper S has been sold yet. this is it before:

To my amazement the dealer has took of my decals, my halo ring side lights, my uj mirror caps and my interior uj mirror cap. I thought they would keep the uj roof because it looks nice with a blue car. Is this a common thing that dealerships do? Has anyone else had this happen to there old mini?
This is the link for what it looks like now
Welcome to Cooper Sunderland authorised MINI dealership
This was mine as the dealer had it, but its never been seen again, so I'm guessing they put it back to a vanilla stock MCS:(

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
My previous MCS stayed as I left it, and I sometimes see it being driven around by its new owner: an ex-copper :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was walking down a country lane one weekend and saw a familiar face drive past: my Cooper. I was somewhat surprised. There was a lady behind the wheel. I saw the car a few more times around town and the new owner had a (very naff) personal plate put on it. I could tell it was mine by the fact that it had reversing sensors on it. Once I even saw it just down the road from me (homing instinct?).

Haven't seen the car for a while now. I've not seen any of my previous vehicles around before.

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are selling it for 2795 more than what they give me and knocked more money off the new mini

1 - 15 of 15 Posts