MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the Alpine 9835R whcih I'm very happy with - Colour and style wise looks very good, sound quality superb and with the right Alpine adaptors have got it working with both the MFSW and my iPod.

Sound was so good I haven't bothered upgrading my speakers.....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yep, it's the Alpine one.

I think it's great - I particularly went down this route as my car is the convertible and wanted to be able to hide the iPod away too. Plus I don't like leads around the cockpit - everything is tucked away in the glovebox on mine.

To get the full benefit you need an HU with a hi-res screen, or a fold out one, to be able to display the playlists properly.

Two critisms:

1. You can only scroll through your playlists at a set (slow!) speed, doesn't accelerate like using the scroll whell on the iPod itself - but I just have a few 'in-car' playlists and name them so they appear at the top of the listing! But takes a while to scroll down to ZZ Top on my full 40Gb model.

2. Some people say the controls aren't intuative - well there's no 'iPod' button but after using it a couple of times I find it all quite easy - select CD changer, then 1 for playlists, 2 for tracks, 3 for artists - scroll and click!

Find yourself an Alpine dealer and go and have a play - think you'll be impressed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yep - that's exactly it. You need yet another adapter for the MFSW though, and depending if you've got the Boost or not depends whether you want the one labelled as Mini (with Boost) or BMW (without boost) on the Alpine website.

I've now probably got more Alpine in my car than BMW! :rolleyes:

Also see my other post about signal strength if you go down the Alpine route - Mikey has come up with top advice yet again....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.