MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"All Black" Mini
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does any know what a "Solar sensor" does? :confused:

I've just had an breather pipe replace on my MCS. Although this was done under warranty, I asked for a copy of the invoice and notice they had also replace the "solar sensor".

I was just wondering what it was, and what it does?

Thanks

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I am guessing you have climate control, I think its the little purple thing on the centre of the dash, that reads the sunlight and temp, and then regulates the temp in the car;)

What was the fault your car was in for?

·
"All Black" Mini
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car was making a weird noise - a bit like letting air out of balloon. I decided to be brave and have a look under the bonnet and found the breather hose on the top of the engine had a big split in it. A quick fix with a handy roll of electrical tape I had in the car, and off I went to the dealer to book it in for repair.

You were right about the car having climate control - so it looks like the "solar sensor" replacement isn't related to the split hose.

They have also booked it in to have the coolant bottle replaced, which seems to be a common problem that crops up on this forum.

Not bad really, I've only had my MCS two weeks and I've broken it already ! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts