MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all agree there is no BAD color combination for the mini. really they all look great. but surely we all have a combo the we like the least. there are tons of threads talking about the "best" or your "favorite" color combo. and frankly its getting kind of boring, so id like to hear which ones people like the least. no trash talking. no negative talk. just want peoples honest opinions and solid reasons why they dislike a particular color combo. thanks.

·
MINI Groupie
105 Posts
Great Question!

This is a killer question because a person spends so much time thinking about all the colors and color combinations when building up to the final decision on what color the baby is going to be. There are no bad colors but there are colors/combos that I wouldn't have.

Such as a body colored roof! Call me showy because I feel a body colored roof is a little too sedate. IMHO half the fun is having a splashy looking ride!

The car is small and should be the visual equivalent of a fog horn. We have to conform to so many dull and dreary things in life like paying our bills on time. This is an opportunity to step out and say "Hey! Look at me! I'm driving a good time and you're not!"

Least fave color/combo? PW/PW. Just doesn't "pop" in a crowd. Would I turn one down? Heck no, I would just have to cover it in roof decals, stripes and flames!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Least Favorite Color Combo

I would not like to see yellow with a yellow (body color) roof. From a graphic impact standpoint the designers were right on with the contrasting color roof. (However my one exception is MWs Rock Star MINI, all black - wow what a powerful looking car!) :p :cool:

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
My least favourite was velvet red but that's maybe because I've only ever seen pics. People have told me that it looks better in the flesh ( so to speak) but that has yet to happen.

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have to agree with Electra , this car just does nothing for me without the contrasting roof, looks much better in either white or black. i have a PW/black combo cooper. and i love it. it really pops with those two colors. classy yet classic. whats interesting is that one of my least favorite is PW/PW. its funny what that contrasting roof can do for the look of the mini. it really brings it alive.

·
brown is back
4,278 Posts
Peachiz said:
My least favourite was velvet red.
I was wondering how long it would take... 9 posts. :)

[edited to add]
Peachiz, don't feel the need to defend yourself... it's your opinion and that's cool. I like having a color that very few others have, and I like the color. But then, I have a habit of buying cars in colors that cannot really be described. My previous car was a kinda purple-ish VW Golf (dusty mauve metallic).

Here's a picture of someone else's VW in that color

Attachments

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
awww

Sorry :(

But if it helps..Mine was mentioned before yours :p

But like I said..I may change my mind if I saw one in person :)

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
:red: :green: :eb: :indi: :yellow: :silk: :silver: :dark: :black: :gold: :velvet: :apple: :shocking:

ooooo decisions decisions!

In a word i do not have a non favourite! :D

Although i wouldnt have a green MINI (silk or british racing green) but thats not because i dont like them.

ALL MINI COLOUR COMBOS ARE NICE IN MY OPINION :D (i wanted to put all the little smilie combos in this post and it wouldnt let me :( :rolleyes: :D )

But each to their own! :p - be individual be different be MINI! :D

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
snid said:
I was wondering how long it would take... 9 posts. :)

[edited to add]
Peachiz, don't feel the need to defend yourself... it's your opinion and that's cool. I like having a color that very few others have, and I like the color. But then, I have a habit of buying cars in colors that cannot really be described. My previous car was a kinda purple-ish VW Golf (dusty mauve metallic).

Here's a picture of someone else's VW in that color

Now that I do like!! :cool:

·
Jay
737 Posts
velvet red, looks brown, silk green, looks like a colour you'd find in you grans bedroom

·
Registered
29 Posts
My least favorite color combo is gold w/ body colored roof. There's one down the street from me too, and I pass it nearly every day.

·
brown is back
4,278 Posts
MiniCooper said:
velvet red, looks brown, silk green, looks like a colour you'd find in you grans bedroom
In our defense (or more incriminating evidence)

The brown one is mine - note the UPS logo in the back window.

The silk green / black is the coolest CVT Cooper I've ever seen. It had tons of mods and that was taken about 18 months ago, when modded MINIs weren't everywhere.

Attachments

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, that is the first silk green/black i have ever seen. it looks very cool. especially with those rims. would i drive one? no. but it is nice to look at.

·
brown is back
4,278 Posts
Hmmm... I didn't get any "bites" on my white roof / silver wheels comment, so I guess I'm going to have to try harder. :)

How about any of the greys, sorry, silvers? Such a boring color.

Ooooh, I know what my least favorite color combo is:

mustard yellow over electric blue (sorry Turner Mini Sports) - it's the color combo of their racing BMW 3-series cars.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts