MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
CORSA VXR SLAYER
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am seriously considering ditching my runflats as the front 2 are wearing very thin so i am thinking that now is a good time to change all 4 tyres. I have spotted the Goodyear eagle F1's in 215/40/17 size however the load index is 83. My current runflats have a load index of 84. Is 84 the minimum load index for my cooper s (R56) or would 83 be ok.

Also, does the speed rating affect ride QUALITY or anything?? For some reason the higher speed rating is £7/tyre cheaper than the same tyre with a slightly lower speed rating. I was under the impression that the higher the speed rating e.g. the more speed a tyre could cope with...the cheaper it would be???

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Rob

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
There are at least 14 other users running 215/40-17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires so the slightly lower load index shouldn't be a problem.

One would think that tires with higher speed ratings would be more expensive, but they may have different load indexes or be manufactured in different countries, etc.

BTW ... I believe the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is being replaced by the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts