MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am interested in joining a MINI Club in montreal, please send me any information regarding the clubs in montreal and how to join them.

:)

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Hey sa3dos,

I believe it's called Mainly Mini's, although I'm not sure ...
I too would be intesreted! :)

--
paco

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would also be interested... From what I remember, last time I looked around, there wasn't much though...

·
brown is back
4,278 Posts
There were some posts in the past about an attempted get together for a wash and wax day. I think that fell apart though.

There's usually something for the Gran Prix... or is that no longer an option (I don't follow F1 enough to remember if Montreal is still on the calendar or not).

If you're willing to drive south, there's a group of whackos in the greater Boston area, and sometimes they do stuff north of Boston... check out http://www.mini-mama.org/

There are a handful of northern Vermont (Burlington area) MINI owners around, we could make an international group...

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks SoonToBeMini,

my latest update are the 18" JCW Rims :D :D :D , just installed them last weekend. Do you guys think I should have a paint job on them and turn them white ? :rolleyes:

Btw SoonToBeMini, dont kill me but I sat in your MINI when it was @ MINI Mont-Royal :p

It is sweeet man

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice wheels man... Did you get them from MINI Mount Royal? How much did they set you back? :cool:

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have actually got these rims from MINI Downtown (In Toronto) A friend of mine works there and he hooked me up with a good deal. I paid around $4250 Cad. for the set.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Too rich for my blood... Great looking rims... congrats.

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks,,

I just recieved a phone call from a friend regarding a 20" Rims offer,, so I might be looking to sell my rims and purchase the 20" Chrome DUB Rims.

let me know if anyone is interested

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too am interested in joining a Mini club in Montreal, so if anyone hears of anything, please keep me posted.

Also, If anyone has a set of 16" or 17" alloy wheels for sale, I'm also interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
4250$ cad for JCW 18 inch wheels? Wow it's pretty expensive.

I have check in the accessories on the canadian mini website and they are listed at 539.50$ each. So it's 2160$ for the wheels. I imagine a 1200$ for the tires so it's not close to 4250$.

I begin to think that the price that we see on the website is not the reality once you go to the dealer.

JCW full kit is listed at 6800$. Does it sell for 6800$ or it's a different price when you go to the dealer? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think some of us should meet up soon in MTL. I'm downtown so maybe we can get together for a few drinks and talk MINIs. I have two other guys who would be down. drop me an email an we start coordinating. [email protected] BTW I am currently MINIless but the new one is on the way.

cheers

Amit

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey amit. Nice to see you post again.
I'm still in...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, I was going to buy the car new here in MTL but with the US$ exchange rate what it is these days you can save about $6000 by importing it in from the US. I am just finalizing the final details but next week I will probably be ordering my new car in Ohio. I'll fill you guys in on the details when I have it all together it is pretty interesting what I've found out. If you guys are in for a little MINI gathering, let's do it. Maybe next week Friday or Sat night? Let me know we could go for drinks somewhere on St Laurent. I usually post on the Ontario club site as I organized a lot of track events last summer with the club. SOMC Site There are a lot of cool guys/girls on there site, I met most of them at the Kingston MINI meet in 2003. Last year I organized 6 track events at Shannonville Race Course (Near Kingston Ontario). 3 hour track time split between however many cars show up. Cost was usally around $60 - $90. I'll probably organize it again this summer if some of you are interested.

cheers

Amit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Djafactor definitely keep us informed as to how you get along on buying that Mini in the states,its been my impression that after its all said and done it comes out to around the same thing or its not enough of a saving to justify the hassle,hope you can prove my assumptions wrong cause i really want a Mini but at close to $40k CDN. i can only look at used ones for now :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
jambo101 said:
Djafactor definitely keep us informed as to how you get along on buying that Mini in the states,its been my impression that after its all said and done it comes out to around the same thing or its not enough of a saving to justify the hassle,hope you can prove my assumptions wrong cause i really want a Mini but at close to $40k CDN. i can only look at used ones for now :(
jambo101, if you are interested, drop me and email and i'll explain you the process and exact costs. I've talked to Canada Customs and i'll save around CN$6,000 if I bring the car in from the US! [email protected] There is a guy from Ontario who is also interested. I could maybe talk to the dealer and see if we can get a group discount. They are offering me US$300 off MSRP plus free floormats. I'm sure with three cars ordered we could possibly do better.

cheers

Amit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Little too early for me yet,i still got another year and a half payments on the Miata,but i am doing my homework on my next car=Mini,red with white top :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts