MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I think its a 2nd gen JCW from the forum and hes just collected his PW JCW today.

Mine always reads a bit rubbish (R53 MCS) when I've just filled up with petrol and reset the OBC and driven round town in rush hour traffic. Give it a day then check?

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
As I am still toying with the idea of swapping my Stage 1 tuned S for a factory JCW I was wondering about the fuel consumption too. I currently get 38-40mpg out of my car on a typical week and would be interested to see how the factory car compares...

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
I imagine since you've probably driven very little miles the average mpg reading is a little skewed right now. Wait until you've put a few more miles on the clock ;)
I have an average of 37.8 mpg and average speed is now at 40-42mph :) and I am on 3400 miles, it did take a while to settle down and to be honest I think it is better than my stage 1 R56 S was...

WD

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
What sort of driving are you doing? And how hard are you driving it? It will certainly loosen up after an oil change after the running in phase!!

Enjoy :D:D

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
What sort of driving are you doing? And how hard are you driving it? It will certainly loosen up after an oil change after the running in phase!!

Enjoy :D:D
lets put it this way I aint hangin around for nout.... :biggrin:

On a more serious note I drive it quite enthusiastically most days and on others I take it easy and just enjoy being in the car. It is hard sometimes as for some reason where I live just about everyone wants to try race, I am no boy racer I am 38 yrs old and don't want to be going around with my foot stapled to the floor all the time.

54 miles a day = 50% A roads and the rest Motorway.

WD

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is now at 35.5 mpg and 51.7mph at approaching 7000 miles. Mainly motorway and country roads. At 1000 miles the it was 34.8 mpg and has improved lately. Speed is down a bit due to a couple of horrendous motorway jams. These averages compare with 36.8 mpg and 53.5 mpg over 71,000 miles in an R56 MCS again mainly motorways and country roads. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great Fuel Consumption

Drove normally for a week and used all the low down torque of my Cooper S, managed 42 mpg - better than my old SEAT Arosa. Have just had the works kit fitted so will see if this makes much difference. Sounds strange but if you drive it as you would a diesel you make very rapid progress and suprisingly good fuel economies. However, there doesn't seem much point in having a car like this unless you poke it with a stick now and then!

·
FS58MBW
69 Posts
My new JCW is returning around 35.5mpg on average but there again I've only covered 600 odd miles (yes, not even run in yet!) and don't drive it every day. Mix of short runs, fast A roads, country lanes and motorway.

·
Wishing for a mini jcw
5 Posts
Hello... only just signed up to the forum as I'm thinking of getting a JCW in the next couple of months and spotted this thread :)

Are most of you getting about 35mpg then? The mini site quotes about 40mpg which I thought was quite tempting (since I'd previously been eyeing up the Cooper D but it felt a bit slow).

Is that 35mpg while doing 70 on the motorway or a touch more?

Matthew

·
Registered
347 Posts
Averaging 35mpg every week from a factory JCW and have covered well over 5,000 miles now. I reset the fuel computer on every fill-up. It's mostly motorway driving but I do tend to get stuck in stop-start traffic every day too. Plus, there are some long, straight dual carriageways on my journey to work where my heart takes over my head and I just have to test the Overboost out!

I'm hugely impressed with the fuel economy though. It's a car I can thrash to within an inch of it's life and not care about the fuel costs. A win-win for me!

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
I'm averaging 33.5mpg and that's with mixed driving. I tend to leave the sport button off when around town and turn it on when out of town.

I averaged 27mpg in my R53 JCW and GP so i'm very impressed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had 41MPG on a long run which I was very happy with. I was even happier this weekend... after two days of not hanging around on country roads it's still saying 36MPG on the computer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts