MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What CD will be the first you listen to when you pick up your MINI?

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone plays on your maiden voyage in your MINI. :) If you already got your MINI what did you play?

Hopefully it will be warm when I get my MINI so I can drop the windows, open the roof and chill to some dub reggae like Twilight Circus.

:cool:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Last time it was a CD and I think it was Underworld, Beaucoup Fish. This time it will be a MD, either Saturday Night Fever soundtrack or Linkin Park !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has to be some Frank Sinatra - early 50s, no vegas crap.

OR the Mull Historical Society - fab driving album, also one of the best of the year

OR - for that confusing people at traffic lights moment - the soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou

·
Registered
350 Posts
Autobahn, from Kraftwerk. This song is about 30 years old, but still good while driving! I mean, motoring.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Love the Underworld and Mull Historical Society. good choices but I would have to go with something sooo hard and crazy that it only fits the way I would be driving.

Prodigy - Fat of the Land

or if they have a new album out by the time I get my mini, maybe then I would listen to the new one.

Allthough that Beaucoup Fish albums is a good choice as well. Maybe some Oasis to feel a like a rock and roll star.

·
Registered
49 Posts
IT could Only Be One Song........

QUEEN - "I'm In Love With My Car" from the Night at the Opera album. Circa mid 1970's. Remember when they sold albums?
Freddie Mercury - blasting it out. Very appropriate for a new car from England. I think I just dated myself. Damn,
I guess I really am 40. Time for a nap. Bye.

Dave

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Stereophonics - Have a Nice day :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Or maybe my Italian Job CD :D :D :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
I didn't even turn the radio on for my first week, let alone my first drive. This car is about driving, not listening to music :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red & White Cooper 2 said:
I didn't even turn the radio on for my first week, let alone my first drive. This car is about driving, not listening to music :)
I knew someone would post a statement like this. ;) When I'm "motoring" through curves I turn the stereo off but on highway cruising I listen to tunes.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Hmmm probably just the radio as I'm only getting bog standard Cassete (cassetes what are they?) Anyway when I've fitted my new stereo (which depends on how much fun I'm having so will probably next yer) it will no doubt be Feeder Echo Park. Gran Turismo 3 Eat your heart out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I recorded a MD with War - Low Rider.
That was the first sound my mini got from me.
It was crazy fun!

cya crazyBastard ;~}

P.S.: It´s funny that Kinster heard Rock me Amadeus - Falco, couse Falco is the greatest Austrian artist. and i just didn´t know that a GB hear his music.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
As i pull out of the dealers after collecting the car on Friday
i will have the shades on
the windows open
and Robbie on MD playing

LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU!
as the chills go down my neck and spine i know that my mini will truely have arrived

:D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 655 Posts