MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , its always nice to know what products you would like next from us. It could be performance/handling/braking/styling/engine dressing or other. And could be for any model Mini ( Inc. first or second generation). Post your requirements here, and we will discuss We cant promise we will produce everything as is dependant on many factors, but if you dont ask......:D:cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
R56 MCS

Lower Strut Brace - Is there any bolt / fixing points for this ?.
Upper Strut Brace
Larger Intercooler - OEM looking without the need to mod the bumper at all.
Better filter for the JCW box

I'm sure all these would be popular:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ant.....This would be vey nice and no doubt give sizable power gains. Unfortunatly it is difficult to do ,....aircon, ....round outlets in place of eliptical, ..substantial mods at the front end etc means the price and number of sales would be limited. We are at an advantage in that we do already produce one as part of the GTT300T conversion. Realistically if 10 people were prepared to ditch the aircon and put a small deposit down it 'could' happen.:cool:
Japper.....there are currently no more R56 parts in design,as we no longer have the car (we will buy the higher power one when its released) plus we need another R53 for the 280Tqs project demo car. All your ideas are good though and will eventually get made .:smile: Just hold on in there:cool:
Alex.... No plans at present, tbh its not required even on slicks on the track...they would look great though.:cool:
Ab Alan.......Yes the Alloy bell covers I need to look at those again next year. The Sill plates are a good one.....Yep I think we'll do that one next year.
Thanks again and keep the ideas flowing :smile:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
R56 Cooper's Turn

Hi guys , its always nice to know what products you would like next from us. It could be performance/handling/braking/styling/engine dressing or other. And could be for any model Mini ( Inc. first or second generation). Post your requirements here, and we will discuss We cant promise we will produce everything as is dependant on many factors, but if you dont ask......:D:cool:
Hi Roland; think you know my thoughts:

a few on here are looking for relatively mild performance tuning options suitable for cars still under warranty / TLC

sure a JCW Sound Kit will appear in '08 but your reputation for solid testing and well engineered solutions, value for money still give you an advantage ...

for R56 Cooper ;)

- ECU re-map (morego say they now have a StarChip remap / MTH ? )

- Exhaust de-cat (as MCS ? believe Miltek are working on a system)

- Panel filter (ITG / BMC ?) vs Induction Kit (K&N Apollo ?)

Analysis on effect on performance of:

- air intake resonator box vs replacement pipe / internal modification
- higher voltage spark plugs
- bigger injectors
etc

Eibachs and Green / Red Stuff, Mintex pads, aftermarket wheels / non-runflat tyres are readily available and I've heard there's a JCW strut brace, thicker ant-roll bars (OEM sports suspension) make the ride too harsh with runflas so wouldn't worry much about those areas

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Japper.....there are currently no more R56 parts in design,as we no longer have the car (we will buy the higher power one when its released) plus we need another R53 for the 280Tqs project demo car. All your ideas are good though and will eventually get made .:smile: Just hold on in there:cool:
What happened to your R56:confused:, everyone's going to steal a march on you now Roland:(

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Japper, I only have one pair of hands though. There are some nice new R53 MCS products in the pipeline for 2008 though. None have which anyone has mentioned yet:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
R56 GTT Top Strutbrace....The problem was we had to wait until the R56 JCW was out, also we need to produce one brace that will fit both standard and JCW (filter box etc) kitted cars. If someone is prepared to leave their JCW R56 with us for 3 weeks we will do it.:smile:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
R56 GTT Top Strutbrace....The problem was we had to wait until the R56 JCW was out, also we need to produce one brace that will fit both standard and JCW (filter box etc) kitted cars. If someone is prepared to leave their JCW R56 with us for 3 weeks we will do it.:smile:
Why?, The brace has to go around the front of the airbox. The JCW is just taller so should be straight forward to mock up a sample to try on a local volunteers car!

I know you can only spread yourself so far Roland, but what was the reason for getting rid of the R56?:smile:

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
fully adjustable suspension would be great, not just springs and dampers but camber as well.
A nice easy set up with clickable settings and a special adjuster spanner thing that means you dont have to take the wheels off or jack the car up every time.

And a really good set of powerflex type (but better) engine mounts

·
Registered
267 Posts
front splitter and rear diffuser and light weight exhaust {105 dec max}noise level :Dnice smooth under tray

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Goonery...check out the 'GTT 3 in1 top mounts' thread on this forum. These with a set of Bilstein PSS9 would suit your requirements well. We have had these on our car for some time now (inc track use). These are by far the best engineered Shepherical Bearing/Adjustable camber & Anti Mushroom Top Mounts available. They are just about to be released,we have 10 sets in stock.Makes even more difference than Poly Bushing the control arms,...though both is even better.:smile:
Lee...Actually we could remove one silencer from your car and replace with straight pipe if you wanted . This would save around 3kg. If its good I'll do mine aswell.:smile: This is the beauty of turbos, the turbine acts as a silencer allowing much less silencing in the cat back.:cool:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
GTT 'Race' Oil Catch Can'

Hi Roland. Do you have 2 of these for the R53 S ?

would also like to know more about the stage 4 head...i already have stage 2.

Cheers,
K.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts