MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
That 106 is quick but ever wondered how a MINI would go if you shorten the gear ratios like that? Easily give the car the feel of 50+ more HP but not much of a road car. I'd certainly love to try steering wheel paddle shift too :D

I'd like to see more turbo stages and especially a cheap entry level kit that can be easily fitted to a standard car. :) Cheap being the objective word! If you can get really cheap 250whp you are onto a big seller of a twincharge kit :) e.g. £3K or so.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
New Manifold ??

Hi Guys, ok I think some nice GTT treadplates would be nice . Other products for 2008 will be a Brand new GTT manifold (R53 Supercharged) , to be marketed alongside our current one. And a new custom mapping service. .........:smile:
Hi Roland... put the turkey sandwich down ;)

What's this about a new R53 manifold :confused: (intake or exhaust?)

Cheers,
K.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mid range BBK

Not sure how big the market would be for a big brake kit thats sort of middle of the road between your Porsche setup and the grooved discs you offer, using grooved discs rather than the drilled discs which other brands seem to use. But id be interested.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
280Tqs pricing will be released next month. The only route to a proper trouble free turbo conversion is a one stop supply/fit/tune . Its crazy to offer a manifold +turbo and expect people to do the rest, it either ends in paying someone else to design ,make, fit all the other parts or giving up. Even if you get it going and theres problems , (which there will be) ,who do you turn to?
-Brake servo mods, intercooler, intake, breather system, inlet manifold, various wiring loom modifications, fuelling, map sensors, throttle body , boost contol system, oil feed, oil drain, sump mods, water cooling to turbo, new water pump system, revised belt routing, heat shielding, new header tank, new pas fluid tank (+new plumbing) , downpipe with turbine outlet flange, 02 takeoffs & flexi joint ALL need changing, adding or modding. £3K would be nice ,BBR kit fitted is about £17,000 inc vat, ....so lets be realistic . :smile:
Karl............Exhaust manifold for R53 supercharged.....new thread in a few weeks.
Ade1986.......Another smaller BBK for the front is certainly a possibility & I think would be popular.

·
Registered
223 Posts
have to go alone with a smaller BBK too.........

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Not sure how big the market would be for a big brake kit thats sort of middle of the road between your Porsche setup and the grooved discs you offer, using grooved discs rather than the drilled discs which other brands seem to use. But id be interested.
I've been dreaming of such a kit for the R53 for sometime. Maybe something like a porsche boxster brake conversion? which would fit under a wider selection of rims without the need for huge spacers and not cost a small fortune..:p Something that out performs the JCW kit but fits under standard rims??

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
I've been dreaming of such a kit for the R53 for sometime. Maybe something like a porsche boxster brake conversion? which would fit under a wider selection of rims without the need for huge spacers and not cost a small fortune..:p Something that out performs the JCW kit but fits under standard rims??
I'll add a "+1" to this.

Tigger.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
..its coming on, parts are being designed/made at the moment. should berunning by late March, released May.:smile:

·
Mighty Mouse
99 Posts
Hi Guys, ok I think some nice GTT treadplates would be nice . Other products for 2008 will be a Brand new GTT manifold (R53 Supercharged) , to be marketed alongside our current one. And a new custom mapping service. .........:smile:
G'day Roland,

Any further updates available on the new GTT manifold?

Cheers
Darrin

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
How about this for an unusual idea?

What about offering a high quality alloy replacement for the single worst aspect of the R53's interior, those horrible silver plastic indicator & wash / wipe stalks :bad:

Tigger.

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
How about this for an unusual idea?

What about offering a high quality alloy replacement for the single worst aspect of the R53's interior, those horrible silver plastic indicator & wash / wipe stalks :bad:

Tigger.
I would love a set of those.

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
I'd like a battery box conversion for the Gen1 MC / MO as has been mentioned earlier. Then I can change my OMP strut brace for a "proper" one.

Custom mapping might be nice, but I'd like more handling mods at reasonable cost for the MC. Sometimes with all the attention focused on "more power" etc for the MCS, I feel a bit left out.....

Paul.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
I'd like a battery box conversion for the Gen1 MC / MO as has been mentioned earlier.
Credit card standing by Roland... just say it's ready to put in the post! :D :D :D

41 - 60 of 81 Posts