MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
MINI-Morgan,

There are battery kits available, but the GTT Aerobox Upper Front Strut Brace is too wide for existing brace-friendly battery covers on the market. Many have tried and then had to modify these battery covers anyway in order for them to work.

The GTT Aerobox Upper Front Strut Brace, as a very substantial and special component, requires a very special solution. I'm quite nervous about having the battery cover off, even with grease-protected battery electrodes - and would gladly purchase a sealed professionally manufactured water-tight solution to keep the battery sealed from the elements. :D

All the best,
Andrew.

·
8,410 Posts
Oh - ok, I hadn't realised there was such a thing. :eek:

I've no idea about the vent, I'm afraid. And I wasn't so much worried about the battery falling out as the weather getting in to wreak havoc with the electrodes and set the car on fire.

I'm afraid I have some history with devastating a car with an electrical fire - electrocuting myself in the process - so I'm very nervous of batteries and keeping them as happy as possible.

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I would love to see an hand made grill for the front of my S.

And not some cheap pressed item, I want one like on the front of Rolands Audi.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
I would love to see an hand made grill for the front of my S.

And not some cheap pressed item, I want one like on the front of Rolands Audi.
Something in aluminium that lets the air flow max !

·
Boost addict
33 Posts
sorry for been the noob here, but i am :)

any intakes for the 08 mini cooper

·
Registered
315 Posts
rear seat delete kit
carbon fibre bonnets
gtt "gp" spoiler
you've done turbos...what about using different more efficient superchargers
water cooled intercoolers.

·
8,410 Posts
It's not like Roland hasn't produced high-powered Supercharged cars in the past, you know. :p I just reckon he moved on from there to the turbos (which does seem a more attractive proposition). ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's not like Roland hasn't produced high-powered Supercharged cars in the past, you know. :p I just reckon he moved on from there to the turbos (which does seem a more attractive proposition). ;)
...........if you've got £6500 to spend....yes!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Blaze and others...

What is the reasons you would use a rear seat delete kit..

Apart from the obvious one?

Storage?
Light weight?

Etc etc.... just i have an idea?

Scott
it depends - some people want to save every last kg in weight for performance reasons - me personally, i could do with more space in the back of my car for work reasons. because of some of the equipment i carry. i'm always putting the rear seats down which are never used TBH. some may do it because they think it's "cool", i'm sure there are lots of reasons!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Not sure how big the market would be for a big brake kit thats sort of middle of the road between your Porsche setup and the grooved discs you offer, using grooved discs rather than the drilled discs which other brands seem to use. But id be interested.
I've been dreaming of such a kit for the R53 for sometime. Maybe something like a porsche boxster brake conversion? which would fit under a wider selection of rims without the need for huge spacers and not cost a small fortune..:p Something that out performs the JCW kit but fits under standard rims??
We're looking into it.:cool::smile:
Has this Mid Brake Kit idea moved forward at all ?. Seemed a promising idea to me.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts