MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I make the wheel trims look brand new again? the front ones are marked around the edges...where do I get the stuff needed to spray/paint/touch them up???????

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
How do I make the wheel trims look brand new again? the front ones are marked around the edges...where do I get the stuff needed to spray/paint/touch them up???????
I agree with Jo - go and buy some alloys! Woolaston MINI have an offer - any wheels and tyre set you like for £1200 including fitting. Alternatively, you could get 15s which are good, as they are less likely to be kerbed, for less, or try ebay.

MINI.co.uk

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Yeah ive just brought it - I cant afford 1200 at the moment thats why I want to make them look better

any ideas?
Overtime!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Cooper-one-S-Chili-Pack-Alloy-wheels-as-new_W0QQitemZ250262727478QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250262727478&_trkparms=72%3A636|39%3A1|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Look nice and only covered 19,000 miles! Jo will approve too.:p

They come with tyres too!

Another set (same design)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-MINI-16-ALLOY-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ150262151635QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150262151635&_trkparms=72%3A636|39%3A1|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Good tyres too!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Dont get me involved :eek:

However I would agree that even the most basic 15" alloys look heaps better than dinner plat...err I mean, wheel trims :cool: :D

(though if you are serious about keeping your trims, im not sure how you can fix them!)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Dont get me involved :eek:

However I would agree that even the most basic 15" alloys look heaps better than dinner plat...err I mean, wheel trims :cool: :D

(though if you are serious about keeping your trims, im not sure how you can fix them!)
Oh I wasn't involving you, just saying that you would approve!:p

·
Registered
267 Posts
5s there anyone local to you where you can get them repaired/touched up? I bumped my Clio (long story) and made a bit of a mess of the driver's front alloy (dented, chipped etc). My dad took it to a mate of his and it came back looking like new.

Might be cheaper than swapping them if you look into it.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
5s there anyone local to you where you can get them repaired/touched up? I bumped my Clio (long story) and made a bit of a mess of the driver's front alloy (dented, chipped etc). My dad took it to a mate of his and it came back looking like new.

Might be cheaper than swapping them if you look into it.
They aren't alloys - they are wheel trims - the plastic things.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts