MINI Cooper Forum banner

What products to use on wheel arches?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rcooper 
#1 ·
Hey!

Think that the title of this thread says it all!!

Had my new MC 10 days now, and gave it it's first wash at the weekend...afterwards though I noticed some 'drying' spots (sorry, not sure how to describe them) of water on the wheelarches. Wondering how to avoid these in future, and what, if anything, ashould I use on the arches?

Cheers

Ben

#3 ·
Nice color combo!
Several companies make black trim color restoration products that help maintain that deep black color that looks good with the black body paint. Back-to-black and Black Again come to mind.
Use a quality trim dressing, not one of the high-gloss products. The high-gloss stuff tends to wash off more easily.
Some have also suggested the use of peanut butter on black trim to remove marks. Apparently, the oils and protein in the peanut butter make it work pretty well.
Something I've come up with is using a sponge to apply the dressing. It helps you control the amount you apply and the corners of a rectangular sponge help you keep the dressing off the paint.

#8 ·
:D ZAINO ALL OVER--------- TRIM AND PAINT AND CHROME ------- :cool: :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.