MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was looking for some advice and help. Ever since I picked up my 05 Cooper chilli pack with the half leather seats, which I love. I have had problems with my back and the seat. After 8 months of putting up with it moving the seat in every single position for a number of weeks with still no success. The pain of it all is starting to really get on my nerves:angry::angry::angry:

I have decided that either the seats go or the mini has to go:frown: (which I really do not want to do).

I think it might have something to do with the lumbar support on the seat. I have driven a friends Mini One D. With the standard seats and I do not have the problem.

Have been looking at Bucket seats or the JCW seats which I really like the look of. Are they any good, will they help to solve my problem and how much do they cost to install?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks for your help

·
MINIac
90 Posts
Silly question but you did try adjusting the lumbar support on the side as well as moving the seat? Is it the same in both passenger seat as well. i.e. not a broken seat?

If you're thinking of the recaro JCW seats you really would want to try them out first they cost a fair whack! bucket seats aren't for everyone.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have back problems and have to say that when I changed to JCW Sparcos it made a huge difference... Only problem is the expense... You may be able to get some from ebay...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly I have, but thanks for the tip. Is it better to have the seat forward or back with the lumbar on? Don't think it is a broken seat, but might be worth a look.

Silly question but you did try adjusting the lumbar support on the side as well as moving the seat? Is it the same in both passenger seat as well. i.e. not a broken seat?

If you're thinking of the recaro JCW seats you really would want to try them out first they cost a fair whack! bucket seats aren't for everyone.
Do they have a lumbar support? how much do they go for on ebay normally?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tell you what, your mate, with the one D will take you out for a long drive in his GP on Sunday as long as there's no snow and see how you get on with those seats.

Milly

·
Registered
117 Posts
A whole mini One interior front and rear seats the lot pick up only Hampshire presently going for 1p.

·
JCW 210 apparently not!
516 Posts
got back problems and found heated seats help a hell of a lot and I have the JCW seats and they are perfect for me, much better than stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got back problems and found heated seats help a hell of a lot and I have the JCW seats and they are perfect for me, much better than stock
Also I bet they are nice on the cold mornings!!!!:D Just got to see what santa can get me for xmas now!!!!;) Do they have that sort of seat in the show rooms?

Don't want to spend all that money and find they do not help!!!!!:(

·
Registered
117 Posts
watch e bay there's been some headed full leather ones on latey. They did not look in great nick but i,m sure you could do something with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts