MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was just wondering what i could do next to up more horsies on my MCS. I already have a smaller pulley boosting at 14.5, cold air intake,spark plugs, and twin exit exhaust from new mini sport. It is at about 220 horses. Of course i would like to do some suspension next, but what else can up the horse power? Any suggestions?

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
oo7dw said:
Hi,
I was just wondering what i could do next to up more horsies on my MCS. I already have a smaller pulley boosting at 14.5, cold air intake,spark plugs, and twin exit exhaust from new mini sport. It is at about 220 horses. Of course i would like to do some suspension next, but what else can up the horse power? Any suggestions?
220 horses? Have you dyno'd your MINI to confirm that it is indeed at 220 bhp?

I would start considering an ECU upgrade!

My $ .02

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
oo7dw said:
yes it was dynoed.
:p
let me guess. By the guys that fitted the parts!

I should get my car on that Dyno, should get around 260 if you get 220...ha

As for upgrades. Try some new pads, fluid and SS lines or some springs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
oo7dw said:
Hi,

Yea, I hate to tell you oo7, but your not running 220. :( I would bet your more like 180 at the crank at this point.
You want 220 then you need something like the Unichip, larger intercooler, maybe headers and some VERY COLD air going through the intercooler. 220 is very hard to get out of an MCS without head and cam, or a modified blower or turbo.
So, with this said, then look at the Unichip, Alta intercooler, and possibly headers.
I have found the best mods on my MCS were the Alta short shift, H-sport springs and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
onasled said:
Yea, I hate to tell you oo7, but your not running 220. :( I would bet your more like 180 at the crank at this point.
You want 220 then you need something like the Unichip, larger intercooler, maybe headers and some VERY COLD air going through the intercooler. 220 is very hard to get out of an MCS without head and cam, or a modified blower or turbo.
So, with this said, then look at the Unichip, Alta intercooler, and possibly headers.
I have found the best mods on my MCS were the Alta short shift, H-sport springs and rear sway bar.
yes i know, i never said to the wheels........ sorry if that was a mix up. Anyway... I'm waiting for a friend that is designing a new intercooler. Top mount isn't the way to go. After that, i'm planing to do some fuel management with a ecu. But the guy i'm buying parts from has to import it from europe. Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone install a LSD on their car? Think it's necessary?

·
Registered
444 Posts
oo7dw said:
yes i know, i never said to the wheels........ sorry if that was a mix up. Anyway...
Never said anything about to the wheels here, we are all talking at the crank I believe.
To the wheel you might be around 150, + or- 5hp.
I think you could be in the state of denial here ..... ;)

Anyway, I would LOVE to see the intercooler when it's done! This being one of the largest HP gainers when utilized correctly, we need a good front mount for our MCS!. Webb's is just too much and has some flaws at this point. Stay away from CF!! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup i can't wait for the new intercooler as well. I will post once it is ready. But i do not think it is anytime soon. The problem with the current water to air intercooler designs is the water flow. The flow is not efficient in a top mount design such as promini's water to air intercooler. This new front mounted intercooler will be much LARGER, with a more effective flow. I just hope it won't cost too much. Right now i'm working with an air diverter on my intercooler until this new design comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts