MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I need help.. Is there any size speaker that can fit directly into the front door speakers? I hear 6.5' or 5.25'... I dont know which one to use! Which is the easiest way to mount them. Does anybody have a tutorial for the stereo installation on the Mini! ... All I can find is PULLEY INSTRUCTIONS :p :p :eek: ;) ... Please anybody help...
Thanks
Jm

·
Proud MINI2 Sponsor
368 Posts
I am interested in this too but have not yet searched the archives here. I am hoping there is a direct replacement to fit in the factory mountings and improve quality...
Anyone?

·
Registered
371 Posts
The standard speaker is a custom 5.25" meaning that the mounting points are not in the normal positions. So what ever you fit you will need to drill some holes or fit a mounting adaptor of some kind.

There is loads of space behind the panel so you can get a 6.5" speaker in there hence the different sizes you have seen mentioned.

Beaing in mind this and the fact that a larger cone has better delivery of Bass I would opt for 6.5". You will still need an adapter plate though. I just crafted mine out of MDF.

This is a pic from a long time back with Alpine components fitted...

·
Registered
167 Posts
front speaker replacememt

I put in some 6 1/2" infinity coaxial shallow mounts...I can look up the model for you if interested....I left the 1" tweeters connected, so the 6 1/2's went in by just plugging the wires on, no rewiring or crossovers. I chose the Infinity as they are very efficient to match up nicely with the weakly powered stock HU on the MC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts