MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've recently had a 210bhp West Tuning conversion :D and want to uprate the HT leads and spark plugs. I've already ordered some 8.5mm Magnecor HT leads but am unsure as to what plugs to get? and where to get them from?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, LB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Leccy_Blue said:
Hi

I've recently had a 210bhp West Tuning conversion :D and want to uprate the HT leads and spark plugs. I've already ordered some 8.5mm Magnecor HT leads but am unsure as to what plugs to get? and where to get them from?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, LB.
Denso IK22 plugs(heat range 7).

DDTUNG :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard good things about Denso plugs too. ;) Quite expesnive as well

I've noticed that Minispeed sell NGK's for the S - Any good?

Martin - As my sig says, I'm all group buyed out lol :p I'd love it if someone else wanted to do one. Oh, and thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Cheers, LB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nick-o said:
Denso sparking plugs all the way!

Give Autoparts (S.Wales) Ltd. a ring - www.apsw.co.uk

I could try to organise a group buy with them if you like?
Right, I've definately decided on Denso Spark plugs. I would love to get them at a group buy discount rate but I think I'm too impatient and would really like to change my plugs ASAP, as I said earlier, I've already got my HT leads on order and was hoping to fit the plugs and leads next weekend.

Cheers, LB.
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
The Iridiums are nice, I have them, but the important thing is to go one heat range cooler regardless of what make of plug you decide on.
Odd that West doesn't include this. They may think it unnecessary. Have you asked their opinion? Since you think so highly of them I'd give them a listen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
obehave said:
The Iridiums are nice, I have them, but the important thing is to go one heat range cooler regardless of what make of plug you decide on.
Odd that West doesn't include this. They may think it unnecessary. Have you asked their opinion? Since you think so highly of them I'd give them a listen.
Funny you say that...I was just about to give him a call. I'll see what Ray says.

LB,
 

·
"Upside down face"
Joined
·
208 Posts
For those who fancy a group buy, Autoparts (S.Wales) Ltd. have agreed to sell the Denso IK22's at £7.50 each.

However, when posting them, they need to be well packaged and so P&P will be £4.50. If you fancy them, contact them on:

Telephone number: (01443) 405726

or if you live in South Wales, drop in, check their web site for a map www.apsw.co.uk

Make sure you quote order reference: NPE

Any problems drop me a PM/email.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nick-o said:
For those who fancy a group buy, Autoparts (S.Wales) Ltd. have agreed to sell the Denso IK22's at £7.50 each.

However, when posting them, they need to be well packaged and so P&P will be £4.50. If you fancy them, contact them on:

Telephone number: (01443) 405726

or if you live in South Wales, drop in, check their web site for a map www.apsw.co.uk

Make sure you quote order reference: NPE

Any problems drop me a PM/email.
Nice one Nick ;)

I still want to speak to Ray to see what he reckons. I tried calling him earlier but he was out.

LB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Nick-o said:
For those who fancy a group buy, Autoparts (S.Wales) Ltd. have agreed to sell the Denso IK22's at £7.50 each.

However, when posting them, they need to be well packaged and so P&P will be £4.50. If you fancy them, contact them on:

Telephone number: (01443) 405726

or if you live in South Wales, drop in, check their web site for a map www.apsw.co.uk

Make sure you quote order reference: NPE

Any problems drop me a PM/email.
Great work Nick, I 'm definitely going to get these :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, as I posted a question about plugs earlier. Anyway, beyond Denso's, have any of you heard of Brisk plugs (http://www.briskusa.com/)?
These plugs have created quite a stir in other supercharged applications ( Mustang Cobra, to be exact), and I'm curious if anyone here is familiar with them, since they apparently originate in Europe.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top