MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok folks, firstly, great forum youve got here so hi to all!

Ok, Ive been having some trouble finding a steering lock that actually fits my Minis chunky little steering wheel!!

The only one I have found that fits is the disklock...

Having bought one and been very disapponted with its sheer size and bulk, and the fact that the lock tumblers would come out of sequence for no reason meaning I couldnt get the key in to unlock it!!! (had to use a paper clip to sort them out)

I have now returned it and am hoping someone can suggest another more normal sized lock that will fit.... I need one as its parked on the road and they are a very good deterrent IMO.

I have tried the other one tha halfrauds sell and it wont quite fit (I tried it many variations!)

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
17 Posts
How about a gear lever lock? Is much smaller but still renders the car useless. Although you do realised you have an electronic immobiliser and possibly alarm on your car already? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about a gear lever lock? Is much smaller but still renders the car useless. Although you do realised you have an electronic immobiliser and possibly alarm on your car already? :D
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion!

I will see whats available for gearstick locks..!

I am fully aware that there is an alarm/immob on the car already but a good steering lock is a great visual deterrent!!

and it has worked well on past cars hence I think the Mini needs one :biggrin:

Does no one on here have a steering lock on their Mini>?!

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi mate,

we have a steering lock which is used requently. I tried to find it on the halfords webpage but couldnt find it.

Its halfords own, like the disclock one, only it covers half the steering wheel with a bar coming out of the bottom. has the same issues with the lock as you mention, but you do get used to it -- i.e. return the key to the open position befoe removing the key. if the barrels are out of alignment wriggling the key gets them back aligned easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts