MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd group all the niggles that those of us who haven't yet recieved our cars should ask the dealers about when we pick up our MINIs.

I've checked a few of the forums and here's what I have:

Pulling to the left
Check windows for smearing/scratching
Screenwash bottle size?

I'm sure I've left some out but I'd like to be prepared when I walk in - even though it seems ages away:p

If anyone has any further suggestions please add them;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any tips on ways to get the keys that won't leave a bruise?:D :D :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Being a girlie helps!
Oh and grinning from ear to ear (Julia Roberts style) when I arrived at the dealers to collect my Cooper.

I do recall handing over a small peice of paper first, but what good is money in the bank these days?!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm not sure why you would ask about the screen wash bottle size. Why not ask about the boot size? Or rear knee room? They are all not big enough but there's not much the dealer can do.

·
Registered
577 Posts
MrCooper, use the Search function for "niggles." I posted a list of around 30 known problems a couple months ago, in Faults and Fixes. The main complaints are the pulling left, low quality/hard to adjust seats, squeaks, rattles and electrical (ECU) problems involving the door locks, windows, etc. Keep the pressure on and hopefully one day the cars will come off the assembly line fault-free.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Make sure you ask the dealer what options are available to you. I know it sounds obvious but the option list is changing all the time.

LMB:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Timing of questions?

Are you talking about before you order or when you collect the car?

Not sure that you'll achieve much with the dealers in any case - most won't have a clue what you're talking about or will deny all knowledge. As far as the "major" issues are concerned (like electronics problems) you aren't going to pick these up when you collect the car (unless the doors won't open).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to ask the dealer a bit before I pick the car up - I've already ordered it. I know it won't change anything but we need the dealers to realise there are people who know what they're talkig about - that way they won't try to fob us off.

Don't get me wrong, I have NO QUIBBLES WHATSOEVER with my dealer - I think she's annoyed at me always popping in to see the MINIs.:D :D :D

I was having worries about my MINI after some of the negative threads, that's what prompted me to start this thread :eek: , I'm better now though :p

Thanks to all those who have replied;)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Pulling to the left

Is this a common problem then?
I had not heard of it before
I collect my car on the 1st March
Is it something I should worry about?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Pulling to the left

ELISEBOY said:
Is this a common problem then?
I had not heard of it before
I collect my car on the 1st March
Is it something I should worry about?
There are literally hundreds of posts on this problem. Please visit the Faults and Fixes forum. It is also recommended that you do a search for "pulling AND left" or "drifting AND left".

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: Re: Pulling to the left

BruceK said:

There are literally hundreds of posts on this problem. Please visit the Faults and Fixes forum. It is also recommended that you do a search for "pulling AND left" or "drifting AND left".
K! only just arrived at the site and having a look around

Thanx!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts