MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My MCS is now 18 month old. I have added the racing lights 6 month ago and now I want do change something else - well, a lot of things to be honest:

- more power (JCW)
- JCW seats
- JCW wheels

I read somewhere that one should rather buy a 2005 MCS instead of upgrading an older model with the JCW kit. Also, since I want the seats and the wheels, I'm wondering if it even will be the cheaper way to trade in. What do you guys think?

Or should I buy the MCS convertible? I drive 2x 150 km every week, most of the times in the evening, and it'll be too cold to drive with the roof open I guess. I'm wondering if the convertible isn't too noisy on motorways. And since we have snow over here for 4-5 month per year, can I get the car warm fast enough? Anyone that traded his / her MCS for an MCSC and regrets the decision?

thanks for your thoughts.

Gianni

Attachments

·
Feel the G's
122 Posts
Lovely car Gianni,

I'd keep the car you have and spend some money on power upgrades or whatever else you like, buying a new model to make the changes to isn't really worth it, and it would only cost you more in the long run.
Also, I think you know the Convertible is not the car for you, especially as you have a lot of snow round your parts

Scottybhoy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you're right, guys. Thanks for your advice!

and btw, the Mini is an excellent car in the snow! I love driving around in the snow, you can totally trust the car. I don't know what it is, maybe the good tires, maybe the DSC or the weight distribution, but probably all of it together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.