MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving along the other day in the Mini when I got to thinking about the extra (dead) button on the multi-function steering wheel and what I should do with it. I know Ian (GBMini) has his auto up circuit which he's modified to make use of the extra button. I thought it might be nice to program it to be a seek button for the radio. What do you motorists plan on or have done to your extra button?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
NOS :D :cool:

..........in my dreams :rolleyes: ;)

Veronica

·
Homer the MINI
13 Posts
I'm thinking about making it a fun horn button. Just not sure what fun horn to get; needs to be something nice and annoying. :p

·
Homer the MINI
13 Posts
Sorry jonnyyellow and Averywo, there's an extra button on the other style multifunction wheel in the back. The newfangled steering wheel isn't cool enough to have a button that does nothing even though you can push it. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ejecting the CD/MD (I have a Mini Disc player in my car).

Dutchy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Torn

:confused:

I don't know what to choose, radio seek, flamethrower, ejector seat, or funny horn? I'm thinking maybe hydraulics!!!!

·
MY 5UV
72 Posts
WeeGas said:
I was driving along the other day in the Mini when I got to thinking about the extra (dead) button on the multi-function steering wheel and what I should do with it. I know Ian (GBMini) has his auto up circuit which he's modified to make use of the extra button. I thought it might be nice to program it to be a seek button for the radio. What do you motorists plan on or have done to your extra button?
Theres alot of threads out there on this issue
the dead button...drum roll please ....
when you hold it down and hit the up or down on the steering wheel at the same time, it fast fwd's the CD or scans the radio stations.

·
Homer the MINI
13 Posts
How'd you figure out that out KooperCrazy??? My motoring advisior even told me it did nothing. ...and I had so many ideas for the button. Thanks for the info though, it should come in handy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I heard the same from my dealer, that the center button was useless.

I haven't had a chance to check it out personally, but if it's true, then that's a great find.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
KooperCrazy said:
Theres alot of threads out there on this issue
the dead button...drum roll please ....
when you hold it down and hit the up or down on the steering wheel at the same time, it fast fwd's the CD or scans the radio stations.

Does the same without pressing the center button. Just hold down the buttons and they scan/fast forward.

Paul

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have reprogrammed my extra button to reprogram the extra button on other Mini's I pass on the road. Without their knowledge! What a hoot!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine doesn't do it.
I tried last night, but the middle button on the left hand side does not allow you to skip CD's when you then push the up/down buttons..... damn. It would've been a good function too.

Maybe this is a programmable function at the dealers? Or maybe specific to a certain country.
I know that the MINI can have a heap of programmable functions turned on, but it depends on which country and sometimes which dealer they go to.

Dutchy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts