MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D It's just under two weeks now until I get my hands on my new MINI, and I've found reading everyone's comments on this website to be fasciniating reading, but what lies in store for a new MINI owner? Is there anyhting I need to look out for? Are more recent models any more reliable? Has anyone stopped grinning yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
it's an ungodly hour, i drag myself to work but as soon as i get to my MINI, i am grinning from ear to ear. it's a great feeling!!! :D the MINI gets looks and second looks and someone walks over and says "wow! it looks great!"
+ + + it's fun to drive!!! :cool:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Don't be put off by the comments on this site about all of the things that go wrong, there are some of us out here that have no complaints about our MINIs.

Mines a July build, had it since August 24th, covered nearly 10,000 miles so far with no complaints..

·
Registered
35 Posts
What to expect from the new MINI COOPER

Hi, I have just stumbled on the web site and I'm thinking seriously of buying a mini cooper. I'm going for a test drive this week. What do people recommend as extras? Is the Chili pack worthwhile? Should I get anything else?
I must say I quite fancy the black with white roof and wheels! Should I choose metallic paint or go for the solid colour?
Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine a late January build - 2 major and 4 minor faults so far - BMW have promised to fix all of them, so we'll see.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Re: What to expect from the new MINI COOPER

sarahharris28 said:
Hi, I have just stumbled on the web site and I'm thinking seriously of buying a mini cooper. I'm going for a test drive this week. What do people recommend as extras? Is the Chili pack worthwhile? Should I get anything else?
I must say I quite fancy the black with white roof and wheels! Should I choose metallic paint or go for the solid colour?
Get the chili pack and anything else you can afford!!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I would say Chili pack and ASC+T are the essentials, all other options are nice to haves. I've ordered the above 2 plus sunroof and alarm on my black, white roof and wheels MINI Cooper that will arrive at the beginning of March.

·
Registered
323 Posts

The Chili pack is definitely worth while, you get loads of extra trims, extra lights, alloys, boot spoiler, chrome everywhere and leather wheel & gearknob. If you can, upgrade to full leather and get ASC-T and Air-con as well. I've got a solid black and white combo, check out my personal gallery...AV51HCC for some pics. The solid colour is cool and shines up really well. If the dealer offers you a silverseal option you may consider it, it keeps the paint looking shiny and adds an extra protective layer. Definitely go and test drive one though, you wont change your mind after that!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
The Pepper and Chili packs are both good value. When deciding on the Chili pack, the key item is perhaps the larger wheels and run-flat tyres. Do you prefer the appearance of the 16" wheels? Do you really need the extra grip the tyres will provide? If so then think about getting the Chili pack.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts

sarahharris28 said:
Brilliant Colour but seems to be getting popular! Its funny that but I had the same dillemer (spelt srong)

I've orderd Cosmos as it apparently hides the dirt better as I quote from someone "Its not a true black"
Anyway My mate CMT is picking his up and he's got Solid Black that Neo (his dealer who's on here) has got a "Paint Glaze" £50 option (only certain dealers i.e. not mine :( )that gives a metallic finish or summat. I'm waiting to see what it looks like and may change my mind. But then again we don't want to identical Black minis going round Bolton do we!

Anyway I'll tell you what I think and get CMT to post piccys of his new baby (lucky git has already got one but trading it in)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Re: Re: What to expect from the new MINI COOPER

Damo said:
Solid Black ... got a "Paint Glaze" £50 option ... that gives a metallic finish or summat
UPDATE: I cancelled this last night and am using the £50 towards a new head unit :D figured it's nothing that a good coat of Mer won't do...

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Damo said:
Well thats settled then, I'm getting Cosmos :p
Just to confuse you some more Damo, I respecced this last night after BMW stumped up some cash to put into the deal. :D Hope that makes your decision a bit harder... lol :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts