MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

N00b here. Have been on the look out for a 2005 onwards JCW with options. Have only found a few worthy examples as I am quite fussy. Want all the extras etc.

Anyway found a 2004 "54" plate facelift model with 10 months T&T. The guy is asking £13995 which is way too toppy imo but it does have JCW seats, aero pack, engine upgrade, carbon dash, chrono pack, chilli, harmon kardon, ap racing 4 pots etc. Mileage is 34k, obviousy FSH with 2 services remaining on the TLC.

IMO this is worth no more than £12k but what are the common faults if any, to look for on MCS JCW. Also the car is on its 3rd owner, the current on having owned it for only 8 months.

Also looking at trade in values, they are saying this car is worth no more than £8-£8500k, would 12k be too much to offer?

Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
566 Posts
He is asking too much I agree.
I am going to trade my mcs works in for a new factory works when my colour becomes available, or sell it privately while I wait!
The dealer has offered me £11000, it is an 05 works, so private you would be lucky to get £12000, it only has 12000 miles on the clock so he is asking a lot. I have had a good offer from the dealer as it has low mileage and I have bought 3 minis from him and he knows I look after them.
With 3 owners I would be a bit sceptical about paying more than £10000 for an 04 but its up to you of course.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mcs

yeah i had a look today and while it had all the extras, the whole car left a lot to be desired. lots of little scratches here and there, full run cheapo tyres on the front etc.

he paid 16000 8 months ago so he is in for a shock when he finally comes to sell it. oh well the hunt continues!

·
JCW 210 apparently not!
516 Posts
I think that the JCW you have found is probably slight too high for the miles but I would have thought with the kit is has, taking off £500 would leave you with a good car at a good price, providing it has been looked after.

Check for a rumble on start up and depress the clutch to see if it goes away, as the clutch bearings could be on the way out. happened to mine at 35K though still dring fine 20K after just makes more noise.

·
john cooper works
41 Posts
hi i recently traded an 05 dark silver full carbon exterior and works spoiler with works cloth seats for the new works factory car i believe it will be available soon for £12500..... a bargan its in omagh Ni ill give you his number 02882258228 Martin ....i could post you pictures later if you like

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for the heads up dude, but im in london so not sure on how a ni car would be over here on insurance etc.

finding it tough to find ones i really like.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
hi i recently traded an 05 dark silver full carbon exterior and works spoiler with works cloth seats for the new works factory car i believe it will be available soon for £12500..... a bargan its in omagh Ni ill give you his number 02882258228 Martin ....i could post you pictures later if you like

I paid £15.5k for an Aug 06 MCS in December with loads of Works parts except the engine kit and since then I've put on Works brakes, spoiler, aerokit and few other bits and pieces on it. I would be scared to see how much I would get for it now! :eek:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, me thinks now is an excellent time to buy a new high performance hatch... hurrah for the credit crunch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts