MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after a few threads regarding the cost of running my car "feeling the pinch" being one of them, i have decided to say £%*? it because i love it and im going to keep it.

Now the only slight "problem" (hardly a problem to be honest) is that when i bought the car it has pretty much everything i would of added to it. I have the areo kit, full recaro interior, 18 105 burnished jcw wheels, jcw exhaust tips chilli pack etc etc.

Engine mods are currently off limits as i wish to keep my warranty, and i dont have 3k plus for the jcw kit. What would you guys add to my car, its astro black all over by the way and has 2 spot lamps. I dont have any pics on this pc, but im sure you can build a picture?!

Just some ideas really, as its killing me what to do next lol:D

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmmm i think i quite like the chrome around there, thanks for the suggestion though. What about black indicator lenses and blue "s" logos?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
enjoy it and sit on the cash, is one good idea

However

Move to the inside, try a JCW shift light, 85 quid and easy enough to fit yourself, JCW sill protectors, KCW gear knob and handbrake, JCW dash, JCW Downtubes, JCW Steering wheel covers, Scanguage, Colour code the spotlights black, Paint the calipers red, black out the S badges, fit aero wipers, black out the rear windows, colour code the arches, even try debadgeing the list is endless.

End of the day, your car, get inspiration from others and then make your own mind up. Remembr some owners put flames up the side, Not most peoples taste, but might be yours, so in short without sounding rude, make your own mind up, theres enough ideas on here and you must know what you like as you bought the car yourself in the first place

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its one of the fastest colours lol. Those sunshine ours that you lucky people get probably helps :)

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true, i know there are plenty of ideas out there, no harm in trying to get your post count up/enjoy healthy discusion though!

Think your first idea will be the one the lass agrees with though lol

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
true, i know there are plenty of ideas out there, no harm in trying to get your post count up/enjoy healthy discusion though!

Think your first idea will be the one the lass agrees with though lol
trust me, after nearly 2 years ownership and about 10k latter my wallett sure wishes i had taken option number 1, along with my license too;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
You'll get as many suggestions as you do answers. Personally (and apologies to those who have done it) I think nothing looks worse than lights painted black. A close second is clear rear lights, although at least they don't look home made.

Subtle stuff like changing the S badges to black would work, and if you really want to make it look good leave the roof as it is and paint the rest Dark Silver ;)

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha i was wondering when the old change the colour would come :) Believe me i wish it was like forza 2 or something so i could change it everynight for nothing! I know its up to me at the end of the day, i just like to hear experiences of what people have done in certain areas and whether they would do it again and or do it differently. Think for the moment going to go for the black indicator lenses and blue s badge, has anyone got the JCW gear stick? I have never "had a go" before, worth the money?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My Forza 2 Mini is DS...

You're absolutely right it's up to you. all I would say is don't do anything cosmetic that can't be unbolted unless it's either JCW or at least good quality if you want to keep the value in the car.

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exaclty my thoughts, thought about removing the driving lights to make it smooth at the front end, have ordered some blue "s"s going to wait and see if i need some black lenses to go with them. What are the areo wipers Ant (or anyone who knows lol)?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts