MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the very long wait for my MCS (down to 9 months now, ouch!) I have done and re-done a list of mods I would like to do. As of right now I only have about $1000-2000 USD to spend. My plans originally started with All-Performance Mods, then it soon changed to All-Looks, and now it has come to a compromise of the best of both worlds. lol. Now that I have settled on what kind of Mods i will do, i keep changing the list of parts. As of right now I am thinking of iPOD, Tints, Audio System (Audiobahn Subs and Amp) Colour Coded Arches/Sills, Lowering Springs, Rear Sway Bar, Front/Rear Strut Bars, 19% Reduction Pulley, ECU Remap, Custom Twin Tip Dual Exhaust, BMP Intake, Alta Intercooler Air Diverter W/ Water Spray, Alta Oil Catch Can, and Alta 2-Gauge Pod W/ CF Gauges for Boost and Oil Pressure. There might be a few others i would like to do but those are the Mods I remember off the top of my head. I would like to eventually have all those mods and many more (Dreams of 250+HP). I would like some input as to what you would start with. Just keep in mind i will not be taking this to the track, just for fun and daily driver (at first). Would like some extra HP gains but mostly make the car look good. Thanks in Advance.

*EDIT* Forgot the Header w/ No Cat/Race Cat and the MINI will be DS/Blk, any parts which have a color choice will be red. Not that that matters or not, but just thought it would help as to my taste.

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
Up to you really. The list of mods sounds fine if you want a little bit of both. I don't know a thing about audio stuff so can't comment on that. I'd advise against a 19% pulley if it's your daily driver. Maybe a 17% but 15% if you plan on keeping it for awhile. 19% pulley puts alot of wear on your supercharger and you'll have plenty of power with the 17%. Also front strut bar isn't really necessary in the MINI. It has minimal effect and is mostly for looks. You also might want to look at a bigger IC or even a water-air IC. But they're fairly expensive ($1k-3k). Oh and you definitely would want to get new set of wheels w/ better tires. Of course that goes beyond your $2k limit but I would put that as high priority on your list.

I'm a all performance guy so only non-performance mod I'd do is a headunit maybe and a whalen shift knob. I like to retain the sleeper stock look of the car so nothing flashy on the exterior.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I myself like more of a sleeper look to the car, which is why i´m not planning on rims or any major exterior modification...aside from a few Carbon Fibre pieces the interior is what will look good in the long run :) . All depends on money really, but i have big plans...

·
BMW Traitor
1,192 Posts
Best of luck to ya on whatever you do :) You should really consider rims as nice lightweight rims+tire combo can significantly increase cornering and acceleration performance.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i would like some Volks :eek: for the future, but after the car is modded to my liking, performance and use wise. On a side note, does anyone know how much the Digi-Tec ECU Remap costs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
03mcs
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing