MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled the car up took around £40 Shell v power and I hope to get 400 miles out of it. The Range thing is suggesting just under that kind of 380 but that’s 160 miles done on the tank with 220 left on the range. When I filled up it said 420 and I probably would do that no problem on a run.

What are you getting if you fill it up, not the predicted range, what you are getting to a tank of fuel?

·
Addicted to MINI...
465 Posts
Filled the car up took around £40 Shell v power and I hope to get 400 miles out of it. The Range thing is suggesting just under that kind of 380 but that’s 160 miles done on the tank with 220 left on the range. When I filled up it said 420 and I probably would do that no problem on a run.

What are you getting if you fill it up, not the predicted range, what you are getting to a tank of fuel?
Having had my cooper for a year and a half Ive never had more than 320 miles to a tank, normally between 250 and 300:)

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
it all depends for me

some days i get about 260 to a tank
just lately i am getting about 500 !!!!
and other days i can get about 800 to a tank !!!!

all depends on how and waht i am driving at the time :p :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well fav's work this out i somtimes get 40 miles to a tank at 100 lt but its not the Mini.

The guage is on 5 lights left and i'm on 210. roughly getting 40 miles to a light on the Mini.

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Your Scoob has a much bigger tank ;)
Your right, and I realized that this morning, so I was having a very blonde moment when I replied :):eek:

As I'm seriously thinking of the Coop as my next car, I thought flippin heck another thirsty one LOL:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just need the fuel to go back down under the £1 a ltr… although you know what they are like 30 seconds to change the price up four weeks to bring it back down. Oil has crashed down and last fill up was on V power to give it a clean so next time its just on normal shell which I think is at £1.08 up here just now.

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Third tank in my Cooper JCW and all three have been around the 340 mark and I have not been a good boy on the go faster pedal either.....:biggrin:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must be doing something wrong, driving like a nun and if the fuel range is right I’ve done 258 miles and down to my third light and it says 116miles left. Driving mainly about town short distances.

But it’s a cooper if you can get 340 miles with a JCW we may as well all have them.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
I get arround 350 miles. I juat had a sports exhaust system installed so in about 600 miles it should improve slightly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Filled it up last night and it took 32 ltr's so its left 8 in the tank so 370 is realistic which I can live with…..;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
My last tank was a new record for my current Cooper - 656.7 km / 408.1 miles on BP 95 RON. I filled up not long after the 50 km fuel left warning came on.
Economy according to the OBC was 5.2 l / 100 km (54.2 MPG Imp).
Economy based on the fuel needed to refill the tank (35.67 l) was 5.43 l / 100 km (51.9 MPG Imp).
This was mainly rural driving with about 200 km of fast motorway/dual carriageway (at or near the speed limit).

·
Registered
45 Posts
After watching 5th gear recently about people with hybrids trying to brake 100mpg I thought I'd have a go (not to brake 100mpg but to see what I could get). I managed 502 miles with a R56 Cooper S works. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Get about 400 to a tank!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts