MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just been reading some threads and really interested in going on one of these "run's"... But what are they all about?

Is is a race, start to finish. A general cruise start to finish or a convoy slow moving "hey public check out all these beautiful mini's" kind of thing.

Would be great to be in a convoy.

Can somebody enlighten me :)

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Ginja said:
Hey everyone,

Just been reading some threads and really interested in going on one of these "run's"... But what are they all about?

Is is a race, start to finish. A general cruise start to finish or a convoy slow moving "hey public check out all these beautiful mini's" kind of thing.

Would be great to be in a convoy.

Can somebody enlighten me :)
Hi Ginja and welcome
Nope not a race, just a chance to meet with other like minded mini minds, oggle at each others cars and drive through some v nice countryside. I've been on a couple and the format is usually. Morning meet, drive brief morning stop, somewhere picturesque, drive lunch stop. Afternoon similiar format arriving back where you started. Can be anything from 10 minis - 150 was the biggest I think I was on.
Easy to partake. Sign up. Turn up. Meet and greet. Drive.
Yet to be in a slow moving convey of Minis :p

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Welcome to MINI2 :)

As mentioned by the others, meeting other fellow MINI2ers is a great part of owning a MINI and being part of MINI2 :)

If you are new to runs, then PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, read the "Run Etiquettes and what to expect" thread at the top of this forum BEFORE you attend any runs.

Some runs are not for the uninitiated, and it is advisible to find out if the pace suits you before you participate. The easiest way is to voice your concerns about the pace as and when you sign up for the run. Signing up is usually as simple as posting in the thread :)

It is also strongly advised for you to equiped with some decent PMR446s, as in walkie talkies. They have been proved to be invaluable while convoying with other MINIs, especially if you are a singleton attending a run - it helps to hear instructions from others as it is not always easy to drive and navigate at the same time. I have written a page on PMR446s which can be found on Apple's site, just click the pic in my sig and it will take you to her site :)

In summary, PLEASE read the "Run Etiquette and what to expect" thread before you attend your first run, get yourself some decent PMR446s, sign up and turn up, and join in the fun :D

DK :D :apple:
a self-confessed run ho :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a decent enough camera so thats no problem...

Problem is I was to take a picture as they all drive past or maybe even a short video on the camera.

I must be an amazing sight to see even 10 minis with no other cars in view, all in a line driving along...

I can't wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.