MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for a while but cant seem to find any details of the chilli pack.
Any help is appreciated.

Also how would i know if my MINI has it? I dont have any paperwork as im picking it up in couple of days.

Thanks

·
Noob
247 Posts
Ive been searching for a while but cant seem to find any details of the chilli pack.
Any help is appreciated.

Also how would i know if my MINI has it? I dont have any paperwork as im picking it up in couple of days.

Thanks
G'day mate.

I believe the Chilli pack includes the following:

- Larger Wheels
- Exterior Chrome Line trim on the bumpers
- Front Fog Lights
- Rear Spoiler
- Front Seat Lumbar adjustment
- Cloth / Leather Seats
- The S Chilli includes the Xenon Headlights, Climate Control and HK Sound System
- I believe the MY05 onwards also gives you the three point steering wheel.

That's what I thought anyway.

·
-=(Mini)=-
28 Posts
I'd minus the HK system, at least Chilis here in Finland don't have it.

I think the sport suspension and sport seats was also included in the pack.

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
I believe the Chilli pack includes the following:
- Larger Wheels
- Exterior Chrome Line trim on the bumpers
- Front Fog Lights
- Rear Spoiler
- Front Seat Lumbar adjustment
- Cloth / Leather Seats
- The S Chilli includes the Xenon Headlights, Climate Control and HK Sound System
- I believe the MY05 onwards also gives you the three point steering wheel.

That's what I thought anyway.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
An 02 MCS? Yup, gpot one of those myself. The Chili pack proved so popular that within weeks of launch, MINI had run out of the 17" wheels that were part of the pack, so for a while offered something that they called a "Pepperoni" pack, which was a Chili but with the standard model's 16" alloys.

As no-one else has got it half right (so far as the UK cars are concerned, anyway), I'll have a go; but bear in mind that it's six years since I bought my car.

<edit - no need to "have a go" - I've remembered that I have all the original sales literature upstairs in the attic; give me 5 mins, I should be able to find it>

<yup - one of those rare occasions where keeping everything can help; I've even got the receipt for the deposit I placed in Sept '01>

<OK - that took slightly longer than 5 minutes because I had kept literally *every* bit of sales literature from '01-02>

UK Chili Pack contents, for '02/52 reg cars (at a cost of £1350):
Front fog lights
Passenger seat height adjustment
Interior light package (footwells, reading lights, illuminated vanity mirrors)
Manual aircon
17" S-spoke alloy wheels
Sports seats in 1/2 cloth, 1/2 leather (and rarther more leather than you get on the new model, I note!)
Storage nets on back of front seats
Velour floor mats
Xenon headlights (though the first few months' of production had particularly lousy main beams, thanks to a fault with the original tooling; something that isn't widely known, BTW)
Dynamic Stability Control (not listed in brochure, but *was* part of the Chili pack)
Lumbar support (not listed but may be part of Sports Seats anyway - at least I have it and wouldn't have paid for it!)
12v socket in the boot (again, not listed, but I don't *think* that they were standard)

Standard to all MCS cars:
2-spoke leather steering wheel (the 3-spoke arrived in 2003 IIRC); alloy effect dash trim; rev counter; 16" X-lite alloys w runflats; cloth Sports seats; Sports Suspension PLUS (though you could downgrade to Sports Suspension if you asked); ASC; rev counter; Thatcham Cat1 Alarm.

Things NOT included as part of the standard build or Chili pack:
ISOFIX child seat brackets, Hi-Fi speakers,
Chrome line exterior was *not* available for the MCS at all.

Apparently the Radio BOOST was also an extra; I have *no idea* what was fitted to my MCS, as it was rubbish and got ripped out to make way for a Kenwood head unit and 10-disc changer that I already had.

·
Noob
247 Posts
An 02 MCS? Yup, gpot one of those myself. The Chili pack proved so popular that within weeks of launch, MINI had run out of the 17" wheels that were part of the pack, so for a while offered something that they called a "Pepperoni" pack, which was a Chili but with the standard model's 16" alloys.

As no-one else has got it half right (so far as the UK cars are concerned, anyway), I'll have a go; but bear in mind that it's six years since I bought my car.

<edit - no need to "have a go" - I've remembered that I have all the original sales literature upstairs in the attic; give me 5 mins, I should be able to find it>

<yup - one of those rare occasions where keeping everything can help; I've even got the receipt for the deposit I placed in Sept '01>

<OK - that took slightly longer than 5 minutes because I had kept literally *every* bit of sales literature from '01-02>

UK Chili Pack contents, for '02/52 reg cars (at a cost of £1350):
Front fog lights
Passenger seat height adjustment
Interior light package (footwells, reading lights, illuminated vanity mirrors)
Manual aircon
17" S-spoke alloy wheels
Sports seats in 1/2 cloth, 1/2 leather (and rarther more leather than you get on the new model, I note!)
Storage nets on back of front seats
Velour floor mats
Xenon headlights (though the first few months' of production had particularly lousy main beams, thanks to a fault with the original tooling; something that isn't widely known, BTW)
Dynamic Stability Control (not listed in brochure, but *was* part of the Chili pack)
Lumbar support (not listed but may be part of Sports Seats anyway - at least I have it and wouldn't have paid for it!)
12v socket in the boot (again, not listed, but I don't *think* that they were standard)

Standard to all MCS cars:
2-spoke leather steering wheel (the 3-spoke arrived in 2003 IIRC); alloy effect dash trim; rev counter; 16" X-lite alloys w runflats; cloth Sports seats; Sports Suspension PLUS (though you could downgrade to Sports Suspension if you asked); ASC; rev counter; Thatcham Cat1 Alarm.

Things NOT included as part of the standard build or Chili pack:
ISOFIX child seat brackets, Hi-Fi speakers,
Chrome line exterior was *not* available for the MCS at all.

Apparently the Radio BOOST was also an extra; I have *no idea* what was fitted to my MCS, as it was rubbish and got ripped out to make way for a Kenwood head unit and 10-disc changer that I already had.
Ahh. I was at least quite close! Had most of it right. Hahaa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts