MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reluctantly thinking of selling my MINI due to forthcoming housemove, could really do with the extra cash. Not sure what it's worth, searching around the net they range from £5000 - £7500.
It's a Nov 2001 Cooper with Chilli pack and 42000 miles, full service history. Chilli Red, white roof and mirror caps, CD changer, 4 new runflats and exhaust (1000 miles ago). It has stainless spots on the front, bonet stripes and UJ roof, chrome bits inside. Very nice condition apart from a couple of scuffs to the alloys (small).
It's also got a private plate on which has been valued at £695 (R11WLD), am I best take this off and sell seperately or ask more for the car?
I wouldn't want to let it go for any less than £6500, am I being reasonable?

·
Registered
10 Posts
With all due respect I think you are being a little optimistic at 6.5k, I have been looking for a mini for about 2 months now(got one now) and you are asking very much the top end of the market. If you really want to sell 6495 would be a good start point.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
With all due respect I think you are being a little optimistic at 6.5k, I have been looking for a mini for about 2 months now(got one now) and you are asking very much the top end of the market. If you really want to sell 6495 would be a good start point.
So what that fiver makes that much difference:confused:

Its worth as much as someone will pay for it, which is always less than the seller wants to get;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Reluctantly thinking of selling my MINI due to forthcoming housemove, could really do with the extra cash. Not sure what it's worth, searching around the net they range from £5000 - £7500.
It's a Nov 2001 Cooper with Chilli pack and 42000 miles, full service history. Chilli Red, white roof and mirror caps, CD changer, 4 new runflats and exhaust (1000 miles ago). It has stainless spots on the front, bonet stripes and UJ roof, chrome bits inside. Very nice condition apart from a couple of scuffs to the alloys (small).
It's also got a private plate on which has been valued at £695 (R11WLD), am I best take this off and sell seperately or ask more for the car?
I wouldn't want to let it go for any less than £6500, am I being reasonable?
Ive recently sold a 2002 MC chilli pack with the same miles and UJ roof for £6450 !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought 6500 was reasonable as the ones I have looked at for the same cash have generally been more miles or not got Chilli pack. How much extra value does the Chilli pack bring? When looking for mine, I wouldn't consider one without Chilli pack, the leather seats look so much better than the standard cloth! It's got almost brand new runflats on and a new exhaust too!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Where's the history at.
What other options e.g aircon, heated screen...

Other than that, the price sounds ok, maybe a little lower. I'd definitely sell the numberplate separately - you'll never get what you want with it on the car. I can't decide whether that is too expensive - generally price it as others are on autotrader but lower than trade dealers - you don't offer the same facilities etc. Mention the new exhaust and run flats in the advert though - may sell it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what that fiver makes that much difference:confused:

Its worth as much as someone will pay for it, which is always less than the seller wants to get;)
Sorry I didn't explain myself very well. The O/P said he didn't want to let it go for less than 6.5k. Now everyone knows the rules of the game are that you always put it up for more than you realistically want. Personally I think that 6.5k is more than folks will pay but I am always more than happy to be prooved wrong.
By advertising at 6495 you stay below the magic 6.5k so that will encourage more punters and from then be prepared to haggle accordingly.

From my experiences recently Mini's don't seem to conform to the usual buying and selling rules of the mass market, the right car to the right punter is still going to make good money.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts